Bugs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by underboss22, Feb 4, 2009.

1. My buddy came by last night a experienced grower and he said my plants looked great but he grabbed a leaf and showed me what he called a leaf jumper... he say they get into root masses and destroy the plants from the root up..
    I sprayed this morining with a mild spray i got from the hydro store, anyother suggestions.. I have a mild spider mite prob as well..it hasnt progressed yet to point of concern but there in my room..

2. Well for most bugs you have can get a pesticide safe for edible plants and be okay but for the mites you will probably have to up the firepower to some neem oil. Mites can get out of hand quickly so I would highly recommend knocking them out before they become problematic.

3. What do these leaf jumpers look like? Pics?

I agree with Buz, hit those spider mites hard and fast with neem oil or safer's soap. That hopefully will take care of the jumpers too.

4. For cheap and effective protection against almost all bugs, I recommend using "Hot Shot No Pest Strips". You can get them at Lowes or HD for around 6 bucks and they are extremely effective.
    I learned about these back in June on GC, and seriously, have not had ANY bugs since. They emit a vapor that kills everything. During the lights on period of my grow day, my fans keep the vapor vented out of my room, while at night when fans are off, bugs are dying. You don't want to spend a lot of time with the vapor unless your grow space is vented.
    I still treat my plants with Einstein Oil(which has neem) while in veg, which helps as a preventative bug treatment, and it also has micro nutrients which are beneficial. It also works as a leaf shine. When plants are in flower, you can't spray neem. Thats what makes the strips so nice, it doesn't effect the taste of the buds/smoke.
    The pest strips IMHO are the most effective and EASIEST bug treatment going.........

5. Those sticky traps can work on flying bugs but don't get rid of critters that cling to leaves or get at the larvae or egg stages of any bugs, flying kind or not.