BUGS HELP.....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rob_z, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Small black nat looking bugs all in my crop indoors please help me get these fuckers out of here they're eating my plants what do I do help help help

2. You have fungus gnats. They are easy to get rid of. Go get mosquito dunks and sticky traps. Crush 1/4 of a mosquito dunk and mix in water then pour into soil. Then crumble 1/4 of a dunk and sprinkle on top of soil. Then put sticky traps as close to the soil as possible. The gnats don't hurt your plant it is the larvae they lay. They eat at your roots.

Let's Smoke About It......
    Sade's outdoor Bigfoot territory grow

• Like Like x 1
  3. Are mosquito dunks found at local stores ?

4. Thanks again on my way now to pick some stuff up true beginner here with some Great strains don't want to mess them up

5. Yep as Sade said, you have fungus gnats. Over watering/wet soils are the biggest invitation. The adults are the the little flying black bugs, but the real culprits are the white/cream colored larva that eat away at the soil bacteria and roots. The mosquito dunks do work but what I usually do is sticky traps for the adults, and then drench with 3% hydrogen peroxide - water mix. Hydrogen peroxide kills the larva on contact. Neem oil - water drench can also be effective. After drench try to dry the soil out as quickly as possible via air flow and allow soil to become completely dry. On that note, I will add that if you catch the problem early enough, sometimes simply allowing the soil to sit dry for a day or two will take care of your problem completely as fungus gnats need a damp environment and will not stick around if things are dry. As a further preventative measure you apply a layer of Diatomaceous earth or sand/greensand on top of the soil.

6. How much water do I mix with hydrogen peroxide and is it safe to spray on plant itself

7. Another beginner question for you guys what is a good watering schedule and nutrient schedule on auto flowers

8. 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts water. This is the ratio for 3% hydrogen peroxide. If you use a more concentrated bottle, adjust accordingly. I will add that hydrogen peroxide will probably kill a little of the bio activity (benificial bacteria) in your soil...but this isn't a problem as you can add whatever you want back into the soil. Plants are very tolerant of hydrogen peroxide...it quickly breaks down into basically just water and oxygen.

Yes it would be safe to spray your plants with but is unecessary. Fungus gnats have absolutely zero interest in anything above the soil. The only harm the adults do is lay the eggs in the soil. They won't eat your plant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Far too broad of a question. Do some research on growing auto's first.

10. Yo Rob, welcome to GC.

those gnats are becuase there is too much moisture in the soil...

cheap and easy fix is: put about an inch of sand on top of the soil and then dial the water, WAY back.

Good luck.

11. I've done research for months just asking someone with experience first-timers usually ask questions isn't that what this websites for

12. Thank you I will definitely try that I did the mosquito dunks a few hours ago and seems to of helped a little but I'll throw some sand on top as well thanks for the help

13. #14 jasper19, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    I just put an end to my gnat infestation. I tried gnatrol by itself and it helped along with sticky traps but I couldn't get all of them.
    I read several recommendation for Azamax in the organics section I think and found it on amazon. About $25 I think for a small container.

Mix 1 tablespoon into a gallon of DISTILLED water (which is about 90¢ at wallyworld) and drench. Make sure you apply it to every square inch of soil. I added gnatrol to the watering pot and poured the premix into the pot.
    Supposedly the Azamax can sit mixed up but the gnatrol needs to be applied after mixed in water within a day or so.
    Nice part is both products are totally organic and can allegedly used almost to the day of harvest.
    I'm sold on it. Takes about 3 weeks to kill all the larvae and adults. Keep it up for a week or so even after the last one is gone.
    Them little fuckers are GONE!

14. image.jpg Iv been fighting these bitches all day with all of your advice I think I have won .....

• Like Like x 1
  15. ROB I love your Jaeger light AWESOME

• Like Like x 1