bugs bugs BUGS! No laughing matter anymore [pics]

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kellizar, Oct 23, 2009.

1. #1 kellizar, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    Hey GC,

I posted a thread a couple days ago, like "hey, I have a couple of ladybugs in my grow room. No prob though." Well... shit is NOT OK anymore. There are fucking bugs ALL OVER my attic grow room. Tons of ladybugs, a fly, and stinkbug are what I have seen so far.

Every day i go into my room and there is at least one ladybug that went Icarus on my HPS light. At best, this is a fire hazard.

What can I do to kill all of these bitches? Some kind of trap? Insecticide? Spray?

Please help, this is getting ridiculous.

EDIT!!!!

I did some research, and they aren't ladybugs. They are Multicolored Asian Ladybeetles. Fuckin bitches.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. EDIT!!!!

I did some research, and they aren't ladybugs. They are Multicolored Asian Ladybeetles. Fuckin bitches.

3. #3 prez420, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    I am not sure about those lady bug look a-likes cuz i never seen them b4 but if they are like lady bugs then they are good thing cuz they will eat other bugs. I have never been a big fan of poisons so i only use them as a last resort. If i was you I would try releasing a few preying mantes into ure grow room. Preying mantes are a natural predator of most insects so a few in room will clear the place out of other bugs in no time. Alot of people use preying mantes and lady bugs together because one handles the bigger bugs and the other handles the little ones.

If they are not causing your plants any harm I'd say just leave them be because being as close natural as possible is the key to good indoor bud and bugs are a part of nature. So if the bugs arent eating your plants or causing them harm dont even worry about them your plants can handle few bugs hanging around as long as the bugs arent eating them..

4. That is definitely my fall-back plan haha. I would just like to cull the population a bit I guess, because they are becoming something of a nuisance dying on my light.

5. Ugh, i have a fuckton of ladybugs in my room, in my bathroom, on my house... etc.

Is it like mating season or some shit?

6. Its warm in your house so they're trying to get to the source of the heat :)

7. indeed, i have like a 1000 boxelder bugs in my grow box because its warmer than the rest of the house

8. So do we just deal with it? ANNOYING. haha but wtvr, fuck it.

9. call this ghetto as hell, but maybe you can suspend some sort of bug-screen material around/under your light so the little buggers stop killing themselves and potentially ruining your light?

10. Some people PAY to get ladybugs in their garden