Bugs and Remaining Changes

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Lizard King, May 14, 2013.

1. Can't wait for this...

2. can u bring back the ALT+S for quick reply please. I miss that lol :)

3. #103 Marliedog, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    Yeah I seen lol I was more or less srating that its starting to work. Just can't put the optimism of myvoice into the post lol

Edit: also the mobile version of the full site is working really good. I'm not having any problems navigating outside of previously stated bugs. Don't know if that helps any :) but its good news none the less

4. Sometimes when I reply to a thread the text is very small, I change the font size to something bigger but the text size doesn't change.

I've had a weird thing where the text for a certain post was HUGE, but just that post.  Then later, different post, etc.  That was on the old system, been too busy to see if it's around still lol.  Or is that a feature? 

6. I'm just replying so I'm subbed so I can check back in on the progress. At least I think I'll be subbed after this. 

7. I can't get past the 1st page of any thread on the mobile version(Android Jelly Bean). Every time I hit next, it kicks me back to the forums. How come there is no option to skip forward to the last page of the thread? Even if the next button did work, I would have to hit it hundreds of times in order to get to the last page for some of the more popular threads.

It is a bug we are working on , listed on first post

9. What does "pre-submission state" mean? When will the app be ready?

It means that it is going to be submitted to Apple and Android Stores .

11. Alright, thanks

12. #112 Verdurous, May 16, 2013
    I am currently experiencing a bug where I'm getting stuck when trying to submit a modified post. The modified post goes through, but it never indicates that it was successful or closes the editor. The editor just goes grey and sits there. :confused_2:

Cleared cache, let's see if this baby works!

Can you try refreshing your browser cache

14. Same result where the edit goes through, but the editor just greys out and gets stuck. If I click on the editor, it ungreys and lets me edit more. Maybe this is intentional, but it feels like it should go away and just show the edited post with formatting.

I think it is an issue with browser cache. As i suggested can you try to clear your browser cache and see if it still happens or not. 

There had been changes on the style maybe your browse has old cache 

16. #116 Verdurous, May 16, 2013
    I just cleared my browser cache and it didn't help, but I'll try some more client-end fixes and get back to you.

I'm also experiencing a bug where when I submit a post, only my text size formatting is going through while my font and color doesn't go through, which might be related.

Testing edit...

Please try to supply as much detail to reproduce the issue so i can follow same steps reproduce the issue and investigate it.

18. #118 Verdurous, May 16, 2013
    FIXED IT!!! I ended up complete closing out of Chrome, closing all of my tabs and ending the process in Task Manager. I then reopened Chrome, navigated to chrome://net-internals/ and clicked on Sockets in the sidebar menu. I then clicked on the Close idle sockets button, which crashed Chrome. I then reopened Chrome and tried clicking the button again. It seemed to work without a crash. I then clicked the Flush socket pools button. GC now functions properly for me, and a little faster. I learned this fix from a few weeks ago when Google and all of its services showed a 404 error while the Internet was otherwise fully fucntional and it seemed to work again in this case.  :yay: 

19. Mobile style broken pagination and Next Unread Topic broken URL issues has been nailed.

20. I am now experiencing a problem where GC won't go to the last post on a page or the first new post in a thread, it just bounces back up to the first post on the page. I tired clearing my cache and flushing my sockets again to no avail.