Bugs and Remaining Changes

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Lizard King, May 14, 2013.

1. Where have all my subscribed pages gone I am hoping that once I get used to this system it will be worth the wait but atm nothing is where i can find it

It is located on 2 places but not fully functional because of a bug we are investigating :

http://d.pr/i/8Ess
    http://d.pr/i/JCWB

Different phrases will all be corrected when the conversion is completed.

3. For anyone who wants to follow the process please check first post from time to time , i am constantly updating it. If there are anything not inside first post and you sure it is a bug , please supply a link so i can check and investigate

4. I am not sure if this is a bug, or an intended feature. But say when someone likes a post of yours and you receive the notification at the top right. Clicking on that notification takes you to page 1 of the thread, rather than the page your post is on (and scrolling down to said post).
    Maybe I am missing something which allows one to go directly to the post.

5. When you are clicking on the notification, click "post you made" instead of the post title. Like this;

[​IMG]

There are two links on the notification http://d.pr/i/qUoE
    liked a post link takes you to the liked post , second link takes you to thread itself.

It is not a bug you need to click on this phrase  post you made

HTH

MGB

8. #48 *guest, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

The "post you made" link will take you to the post, the "in [thread]" link will take you to the beginning of the thread. :smoking:

Edit: Oh, super ninja'd!  :ph34r:

9. not sure if posted but it won't let you jump to a page when u click 'page x of x' it takes you back to forum index or stash jar when you click go

It is a bug thank you , i'll add it to the list as a minor issue , will fix this once other issues will be gone. 

11. Is there a reason why the rep. points are gone??? I really liked those, and I think they kept people from trolling hardcore! Any chance of a resurgance of those anytime??

12. #52 SG1, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    Will GC forums ever work like it did?
    Just want to know if what we have now, is the way it is gonna be forever.

I've hunted down some my old subs, re-posted to re-sub, yet get no responce notification when someone posts.
    I have no sub list anymore.
    I can't click on a friend and find their threads anymore.(no stats)

Please tell me that we will be back to normal soon.
    I'll keep an eye out for a responce, since we have no more personal CP to monitor for responces.
    Thanks

13. I'm perhaps more fretful over changes in routine than most, yet find that a break from my usual daily patterns and the opportunity to learn a bit more patience is a blessing in disguise;  I trust that in short order all the worrisome annoyances will be dealt with and I and all the rest of those who enjoy the camaraderie and community of our fair City will grow accustomed to the new interface.

14. We expect 2-3 days till the full conversion completion. Though giving dates is not the correct thing to do , any unexpected issue that can pop up behind the scenes may force us restart the process we have. 
    But Monday we should be back fully functional with some more hidden new feature :)

15. if i might make a suggestion to change something. or maybe reissue a notice for some rules only because i want to protect the integrity of this site: please dont be letting people use giant or overly elaborate signatures. its pretty annoying on other sites i frequent where people have big pictures, text, links and the like that end up being much larger than the posts themselves. it looks ghetto and im starting to see a lot of people use multiple elements, especially people who didnt fall under the upgraded account from before e.g. bronze, or gold members, OG status. not sure if that rule was nixed but i think it needs to come back or enforced better just to clean up the junk no one needs to pay attention to.

That is on our to do list but you can simply choose to ignore any users signature :) 

The signature rules never changed, the only thing that changed was the system allows for more

people are confusing new system with new rules

18. If you click the grey X in the top right corner of a sig you don't want to see, you can hide it. You can also hide all signatures. Sig limits will be restored when the Admins are done taking care of more pertinent issues. Sig size rules are still in effect, so I'm sure the Mods are handing out Warnings left and right for them. :smoke:

19. don't know if it has been addressed already but if u click a link on the activity feed page, it fails to load

Activity Feed ?