Bug Problems in Final Grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by KittensOnPCP, Aug 13, 2008.

1. This is my second grow, and my final one, and I want to grow some good bud, however I recently saw some extremely small black/white bugs in my soil. They are so small I can't even get a decent picture of them. I think I may have seen a few of them hopping around. They're about the size of the tip of a sharpened pencil. I've got about 2 weeks until harvest, and want to get rid of them now because I can see they are definitely hurting the plants. One of the plants, the biggest one (about 4ft tall) is producing crap for Trichomes on the leaves. The lower leaves and stems are dying and turning brown almost overnight. Another reason the biggest plant is probably most infected is because it is one of the oldest plants that went through a re-veg. Sorry, but can't provide any pics. Anyone know what kind of bugs these could possibly be, and what's a good way to stop them from harming my crop any more?
    Thanks I appreciate any positive responses.

2. Spider mites... nasty little whores... run some searches on spider mites and you'll come across countless posts listing what others have done to get rid of them...

3. Get nps (no pest strips) found at most HD CVS and even stop and shop

4. Well, I checked around and it seems Garlic and Soap gets rid of whatever insects I have, however what I were probably not spider mites, there were NONE on the leaves/buds. So I figured spraying the soil with garlic and soap would work. After that I cleaned my entire grow room and sterilized it. Also, what ever insects they were, probably don't like cool/dry areas so I turned my fan up. I hope it works well.