Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bug Out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BobbyBobbart, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 BobbyBobbart, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Hi, my friend is 15 and smoked blue cheese a while ago and had a great time, a week later he smoked again and also loved it. The next day he took 6 hits out of bong and all of a sudden freaked out. He was saying "I'm gonna die call my parents" and crazy stuff like that. 3 weeks later he smoked and only took 2 hits out of a J with sour d and started bugging again. Wasn't as panicky but was super scared. His face got super hot and his heart was racing. He said he felt as if he kept fading out of reality then freaking out when he realized he was himself and that it was actually reality. He was at a friends house and 2 hours later he went home, showered and watched tv and was relaxed. But he was bugging out for 2 hours. He then developed anxiety and derealism/depersonalization. Ever since then he is completely scared to smoke, if he is near it, he gets anxious. He is even scared to drink alcohol. He wants to smoke really badly because all his friends do and he loved it before he had his panic attack.

Does anyone have any advice? Maybe a strain that wouldn't make him like this?

P.S. he is a generally paranoid kid, always overly paranoid of getting caught by his parents whenever doing stuff they wouldn't approve of. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks,
    Bobby
    :bongin:

2. It sounds like your friend probably shouldn't be smoking marijuana. It effects people differently, even more so when they are children.

3. Tell him to let what he is scared of come to the surface instead of being scared of it. Tell him to let it come to the surface like a bubble under water and when it gets to the surface it will just pop and go away.

4. I've run in to this with several friends of mine as well as myself. Smoking before your early 20's always has at least a small chance of inducing an abnormal response. Your brain doesn't stop developing until years after puberty. For some folks as long as 25 years of age. And Some folks are just much more prone to variable effects anyway.

That being said, if your friend is having issues, The best approach is to consume less. As long as no one in the group gives him grief about it, and instead encourages him to moderate his intake so he can have a great time, I think you'll see a dramatic improvement. Everyone is different, after all.

A lot of hardcore smokers would disagree with this next point, but literally .05 - .1 of a gram has a dramatic effect on me. That can easily be taken in one hit.

If I were in his shoes, I would take a single hit, the first 60-70% of which being smoke, and the remainder being cool, fresh air. Hold for a couple of seconds, no more, then exhale and take a very deep breathe of fresh air.

After that I'd sit back, relax, and chill with my friends until they were done smoking. Wait at least 15 min, and if I wasn't where I wanted to be, take one more identical hit and be done.

He may be like me and be blessed with an insanely low tolerance (unless I've been smoking profusely for months) folks will call you a lightweight' but the great part is, it makes the habit incredibly cheap to sustain.

Also, being very well hydrated all day helps when smoking that evening.

My most important advice is to your friend is never try to "keep up" with your friends. No need to match hit for hit. Everyone's physiology is different. Smoking is a great way to free the mind of daily stress and responsibility. No need to make it a contest.

Finally, if the problem persists even while micro dosing, I would say stay away unil later in life. It's not for everyone at every life stage.

I hope your buddy has good luck in the future. No one has ever over-dosed, so nothing to stress over! Your only danger being heinously contaminated product which is exceedingly rare if you are buying top shelf product.

Good luck and Good night, friend.

5. +1

Also, this guy has it figured out.

If your friend is a deep thinker and contemplates existential topics often, this fellows advice will do more good than mine.

Just let go. Accept the fact that you have introduced a natural, yet foreign substance into your chemical make-up willingly, and accept the results. Yes your heart rate will increase slightly, yes you may feel warm and even anxious, but this will pass.

Instead of focusing on these things focus on the blissful reprieve from everyday stress and thought patterns.

For me, being outside, and dressed appropriately for the weather definitely helps with this process.

6. He just wasn't used to smoking that much weed very quickly because it was his first time ripping bong. Panic attacks can happen to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. My advice would be to give it about 5-6 years and try again.

8. Tell him to stop being a bitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.