Bug issue!! please help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CannIPackUaBowl, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Just finished refilling my hydro "DWC"

noticed very very small larvae

small clear bodys look like catipillars, black heads

what are they and i want em out! How

2. Change the water and spay off the roots then run strait water with H2O2. Hopefully that will kill off whatever it is you have in there.

3. l,ol kk convenient just did that

4. have they gone ?
    middy

5. the plant growth has slowed some atleast i think it has, i still see specks in the roots but i cant tell if there the bugs il only know wheni do my next water change, il keep it posted tho any more seggestions tho are gladly considered and will def help in my decision upon opening up again for the water cxhange

6. Damn bugs in the roots? That sucks! I thought crap like that only happens in soil. I used to get those damn fruit flies thats probly the biggedt reason i switched to hydro the damn fruit flies!

7. me its fungus gnats, i think its their larvae in their rots temps got pretty warm for while so makes sence and i looked for pics, seems like h2o2 did its job and dealt with the eggs i picked off a couple of the nastys wasent a huge thing. I imagine il see more issues as i got hydro and soil running in same location like a dumbass but whatever i work from home i got time to pick and clean em

8. Glad to hear it helped keep up the good work. How high did your temps get? If you can keep it below 70 that is ideal.

9. haveing hard time with my exhaust fan so their getting around 85 during the day and couple times hit 90 for couple hours due to outside temps "nothing i can do was hotter outside the growing area lol"