Bug control

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by daoneied, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Has anyone ever used diatomaceous earth on their plants. Guy at lowes said it would work but i didn't tell him exactly what i was using it for.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2. I've never used it myself, but I see others on the forum use it all the time. I'm thinking they use it for helping to get rid of spider mites. Now don't hold me to that, because again, I'm not 100% sure. It may have other uses too..which I'm sure it does (LOL), but that's what I see it used most for with growers on the forum. What are you planning to do with it? TWW

3. Im starting to flower and have heard the horrors of butterflies. The smell of my plants has all types of bugs out there. And this stuff is suppose to kill all bugs that come in contact with it but are safe for organic grows

4. I've dusted the plants with it

5. @daoneied
    It's not butterflies.. It's a rather drab small dusky brown moth that's your enemy.. Tobacco bud worm..
    The fix is simple enough..
    [​IMG]
    Your getting a late start as I start spraying this when the plants first go out back in June.. Spray every week without fail and you'll have a clean caterpillar free crop.. BT = bacillus thuringiensis
    Minimum ratios are enough to control the little bastards.. Sold under a dozen brand names it's all the same stuff..
    It's a low risk biological that's soon destroyed by sun and exposure to air.. That's why you have to spray every week..
    It's not a long lasting chemical poison..
    [​IMG]
    I run a low power zapper with the grills chopped out so I can bush it clean every morning to limit the moths..
    BNW

6. Thanks I'll look into some of that as well!

7. #7 Greys0n, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    I used diatomaceous earth to eliminate ants. Diatomaceous earth kills all bugs. I
    browse one site and found out that it's the most effective solution when fighting pests like fleas, ants and bed bugs.