Budweiser and Bud Light now Belgian!

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Just kidding!!

It couldn't be true.
    I was just playing. It really is.

2. bud is bum piss

3. Aye bud is gash. Watered down tasting sissy juice IMO. If I'm drinkin' beer it better be fuckin' european! Belgian beer is tastey (even wife beater!), but nothing beats an actual pint of beer (opposed to lager which is what we're talking about). I'll reconsider my hatred for bud as soon as they start producing a blonde.

4. Fat Tire is good. have you ever heard of it highbinder? if not try to get some. it's DELICIOUS. and it's american micro-brew. some of those micro-brews can really come out with some good beer.

5. Little Horsies for life.

6. Can't say I have, I'll ask some of my beer connoisseur friends and try to remember to hunt it out next time I'm in the city :)

7. bud and bud light are really shitty beers IMO. Not too much below that.

I prefer

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

8. very tricky bkad!!

plus rep for super racoon status.:hide::hide::hide:

9. Miller draft still beats both.

10. Exactly. I also like some good Ale (Old Speckled Hen).

Guiness is my drink of choice at the moment. A nice smooth beer during the summer is very refreshing. :)

-JC

11. i hate to see such a historic american company sold to a european company, but i guess that's the way times are right now.

12. :eek: ;)

/e:

yup.

13. Nice edit.:rolleyes:

14. lol so true. So is miller lite, coors light, corona, etc. All swill.

15. So does this mean you drink diet beer, or you are actually concerned with your waistline when you are consuming a beer?:confused:

16. Diet beer? Hehheh. No I don't drink often enough to be concerned about my waistline, but a pint of Guiness is quite a step up from a pint of lager :)

17. Yes it is. I was just stating that there are better beers out there.

Guinness > Bud/weiser/light/ice

18. Don't get me wrong, I love guiness, but its not really comparable to a lager dude :)

19. Half-assed version:
    Technically a lager is a step up from a stout, as it takes more effort (and time for the most part) to brew them. To brew a lager you have to rack it to a secondary fermenter and keep it in temperatures in the mid 50s. This causes the yeast to slow down in the processing stage. When beer that is not a larger is fermented in warmer temps than recommended it causes the yeast to overproduce and they burn out. This leaves a nasty taste in the brew and will cause a horrible headache and hangover.

Overall, lagering gives a brew a smoother finish and taste.

search 'lagering' in google

• Like Like x 1