Budswel And Other Teas

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by longdongjohnson, Oct 5, 2012.

1. #1 longdongjohnson, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
    Don't really post much, but I read like crazy. I think this is my first thread.
    Hello Everybody :wave:

So I have been getting super into organic growing and of course have been reading up on teas. Everywhere I read says you cannot store teas and you have to use them within 8-24 hours because of the aerobic bacteria.

I have my own worm farm and compost bin that can produce a lot more tea "media" than i can keep up with when i brew and i would like to save some or give it to friends.

How do companies sell teas in bottles without them being infested with the anaerobic germs that everyone says will take over you fertile tea?

Please Tea.ch Me!

Thanks for reading

2. Hey ldj, welcome to GC.

There's really no good way to store an ACT. You can, however, store your vermicompost and make a fresh batch of ACT whenever you like. Idk how companies sell bottled teas without them going funky-I would imagine it's dubious at best. Or that those "teas" they are selling aren't really ACTs, just more like ingredients and water (like guano and ewc in water) and don't really contain much aerobic bacteria to start with.

I emailed an ebay seller of a small company that produces organic bottled nutrient teas (that do claim to be aerated and bottled at the perfect level of microbial activity) and asked him this same question and if I remember correctly his response was pseudo-scientific sounding nonsense. I was very unsatisfied with the response-I didn't buy the product! This was a long time ago, but I will try to find his response and post it here so you can see his explanation. My explanation is that none of the bottled stuff is a "tea" in the sense you are considering-an ACT.

• Like Like x 1