Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sithis, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Ive been thinking about growing for awhile, and i was wondering, after you harvest the buds is the plant dead or does it keep producing buds?

2. Well sir, that depends on how you harvest. I've never encountered anybody who doesn't kill the plant when they harvest, but you can most definitely harvest a plant more than once. Generally, plants are harvested by being cut down at the base of their main stem/trunk, and hung up to dry with manicuring being done before or after drying.

In order to harvest a plant more than once, individual branches are cut rather than the whole plant, and a few of the smaller budded branches are left on. The plant can then be put back into the vegetative growth stage, and then AGAIN put back into flowering stage. This does however have a high chance for hermaphroditism, and the harvest will be diminished. It's more convenient to harvest the whole plant at once, as the plant will take at the very least 2 weeks to resume normal vegetative growth, as the changing of lighting will stress the plant and confuse it very much.

I hope that answers your question.

3. Thank you, ive only got a limited growing space like 1 plant 2 at most im just trying to figure out what would be more economical

4. I would estimate the total time it will take you to grow from sprout to curing, then make a clone when you've reached the half way point. Grow this, making a clone of it the same day you harvest the original.

This way you will have 2 plants in a perpetual harvest cycle. Unless you flower from day 1, you will need 2 spots though for 1 light cycles. I don't think this is your situation, so you might be stuck flowering immediately. This should produce more than enough for your own personal use though.

Peace, love, grow.

5. to clone do you just cut of a branch and plant it?

6. Well, that's a pretty simplified explanation of how to clone, but basically, yes. Plants can be cloned in numerous ways. It depends on how you're growing too (soil, hydroponically, etc) so there's no one way of how to clone. I suggest you purchase the marijuana growing bible by Jorge Cervantes. I found mine at my local Barnes and Noble, although it can be found on Amazon and other websites as well. It's only 25 dollars, and it was one of the best investments I've ever made. It sparked my interest in marijuana, and since then, I've been known to those close to me as an epitome of marijuana knowledge. Happy growing!

7. Thank you, I just got a good looking seed out of some headies I picked up yesterday gonna start buying equipment now