Buds with no calyx on bottom buds ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dboy209420, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Okay so I have noticed that some of my lower buds don't appear to have any calyxs just look like brown but not dead. I have this on both plants. Im growing outdoor, in hot climate. In California but don't think any kind of burn unless maybe a nute burn idk, i hope some one can help. Al's i have had Caterpillar problems. Maybe those buggers ate em...first image is the bad one

Attached Files:

2. Can't exactly tell what's going on. From your description I'm going to guess that you could have a caterpillar infestation. From one of the photos the cola is looking a little brown and I would try gently pulling it apart (don't force it but see if it comes apart in your hands) to see if you've got larva in there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes im battling them right now, they have been hassling me. Last week I bought some BT and gave them a foiliar spray. But there's a bunch of the brown buds on one plant that is showing hardly any Caterpillar activity. Like it will be on branches without any chewed leaves and also the buds dont have any frosting on the leaves... do you think they will recover? It almost seems as if the calyxs are growing back.

4. It just looks like popcorn buds. Lower branches that don’t get good light don’t mature as fast as colas.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. may recover. they are trouble. they get deep in there.

6. Haha yeah, those plants went through a bunch of shit , from going into bud as a few weeks from clone and me thinking it was ph because I was giving them nutrients and figured wasn't being absorbed so transplant to different soil mix . All of that then i see buds appear ‍♂️and i was using veg nutes so that cause nitrogen poisoning so reveged them and plants grow weird when they reveg so I was thinking they went hermaphrodite after the stress and was so close to pulling them... now they 24oz beer can size rock hard colas and it's the Caterpillars . And I wanted to grow 10 or 20 this year im not new to growing weed, just never so scientific... anyway thanks for your help sorry for yapping lol, i just got stoned.

7. With those pistils burnt like that I'm gonna say Broad mites. I dealt with em awhile back.....jacked my yield up pretty bad. I'm indoor,brought in from an outdoor suffering an infestation. Best product I've ever used for pests,especially broad mites.....Botanigard 22WP. I highly recommend it. It's a naturally occurring fungus. It puts a whoopin on broad mites. Avid and Forbid are great also....specifically made to control broad mites. I would definitely take a look at your leaves under magnification. Broad mites are so small they're hard to see even under magnification. Your pic is a dead ringer for mine. Notice in my pics the singed looking pistils. 20191011_191247.jpg 20191025_163336.jpg

8. Is it the BT stuff? That is what i was using for my Caterpillars its a foliar spray, because I noticed that a few of my leaves had hol es in them and found a couple Caterpillars on my other plant but the one in picture im talking about , never showed any signs of Caterpillars, no holes, any excretions, just the calxs missing. I used the fungus seemed like it helped but im harvesting less than 2 weeks so I have to stop spraying. I have lost half the plant. But is it smoke-able after though? What im wondering at this point.