Buds with mildew - what can I use it for

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by OkayOK, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I have a finch of weed that picked up mildew during thr last week of grow. I cut it, rough trimmed and hung it. Now I wondering if I could make oil from it or will the mildew get into the oil?

Would be a shame to burn it, must be at least 3 kgs of the stuff

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The fungus will die from processing your crop into oil so the fungus can no longer harm you but some kinds of fungus produce chemical toxins and I don't know if they are inactivated by the processing required to make oil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's horrible, almost 6 pounds you say? What a shame. My first thought was a prop for music videos or movies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's a cool idea lol. I just want to get rid of it as it is taking up my whole dry room and it exceeds my legal allowance

5. I did spray it down with a peroxide mix just about a week before harvest. As long as it has been drying, which is a long time, the mildew is still there but he has not got worse, so I think it might be dead mildew

6. Should of washed it. I just harvested an a small auto with mildew. I follow this and wash all my outdoor grows mildew or not. It's amazing how much shit comes out and no it doesn't loose any potency.
    Harvesting Cannabis With Bugs Or Mildew - Spliffseeds

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks, will save the link. It was my first grow, so there are so many things to learn. Just started my second crop

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1