Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buds too small to hang dry? -Dried and just smoke a bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tree Of Life, Aug 21, 2013.

1. #1 Tree Of Life, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    So I'm doing a water cure on some buds and they're almost done. The problem is all the nugs are half a gram or less, most even being smaller than that. How should I dry these buds?

The buds are finally ready. (That was a long week!) I just smoked my first bowl and holy shit, I'm baked! It doesn't really taste like weed anymore haha, but the bud smoked great and the ash is completely white. Fuck yeah. :hello:

2. #2 morange, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    paperclip and twine.

Or a mesh hang dryer, or you could quick dry it. If the paperclips don't work, or there isn't enough stem available, take a twist tie and wrap it around stem wherever you can, then the other side onto something else to hang. I use twist ties to hang dry all my buds and they stay gripped to the stem even as it dries and loses size.

3. I dry small buds in a cardboard boxs..make it only one layer of buds (they can touch) and then mix em up a couple times a day..keep em in a room with air movement but not directly on the buds..after they get pretty dry i close the boxes to slow drying till they're ready to be jarred

christmas ornament hooks work good too :bongin:

5. I like this with the twist ties.

I just wanted to add that OP should have a fan directly on these buds though because he did a water cure. I know he didnt specify that in the op so you didnt know but I didnt want op to end up getting moldy buds lol.

oh yea didnt see that def want so air till they dry out more...heres how i cure i like know the humidity because its always all over the place here in michigan

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

7. I need a hygrometer... This summer my buds have been drying absurdly slow, I don't have a way to measure the RH in my drying area either. Are those meters the ones that go in the jar, or ones that you put in the drying area?

8. Mostly just for jars i have 2 of them and just switch em between jars and have a basic sunleaves temp/humidity meter for the tent..both are only one pt away from each other and 2 from the sunleaves so they're pretty close to accurate

9. Excellent, I definitely think those would be a good investment. Even the best of buds aren't complete without a proper curing.

10. Yeah, forgot to mention it was a water cure. So you guys are saying I should have the fan directly on the buds? Won't that cause mold? Or is not having the fan directly on them what will cause mold?

I thought so always sucks when they get too dry and then they are stuck tasting green cause the chlorophyll gets locked in..there are 62% humidipaks you can get too if you open your jars a lot but ive had em stay at 62-63 for months just leaving em closed..ill open em maybe once a week to let the stale air out

12. #12 GanjFarmer', Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    Not having a fan on them will cause mold. People dont put fan directly on fresh harvested buds because it will dry them out too fast and wont allow the time for all the chemical reactions and all that shit to happen. With water curing you basically took out all that stuff so you dont need a slow dry for those reactions to happen. Since they are sopping wet you want them dry asap so its best to use the fan because it will dry it fast and wont have the same negative effects like it would have as if you had a fan directly on freshly harvested drying buds.

Edit on where I bolded. Those reactions dont happen in general after water cure. thats why smell and what not is gone

13. let us know how it smokes been wanting to try some water cured buds

14. god....water cured.....*insert pukey smiley*

:laughing:

15. For sure man

Believe it or not it actually still kind of smells like Blue Dream in a way. :smoking: