Buds smell like grass and taste bad....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LS1KILR, May 27, 2008.

1. Well I failed at my attempt at growing weed. I have had this plant growing for months. Its been in a bubble bucket with fluro nutes. It has enough light. The plant is about 6ft tall and the buds are all over the plant. Its been flowering for possibly 3 months now I really just stopped counting. I just kept letting it grow because the buds werent sticky enough and they smelled like grass. Well now the buds have gotten pretty thick and the bigger ones smell really good like fruit. The only problem is that most of the buds still smell like grass. I clipped a sample off last week and dried it out then cured it for a couple days and smoked it. It tastes really bad. Doesnt really taste like weed. I did feel a buzz off of it, but nothing like I had hoped for. The weed is really hairy. Theres alot more hairs then there is bud. I dont know what to do about it. The plant has been sick for awhile. It just hasnt had optimal conditions inside my closet with not much airflow. I never really checked the ph level. It stayed really nice and green so I just left it alone. The plant started wilting and curling up here and there while it was growing. I tried adding less nutes, but it didnt help any. Right now it just has a very small amount of nutes in the solution and mostly water. Im thinking about flushing it out and replacing with straight water and no nutes. Im trying to get rid of that nasty taste which may be the nutes ive been using....any suggestions?

2. I would assume you let it go too long without cutting it. The chemicals change if you just let it sit there, into more things that dont get you as high.

That was my lame attempt at explaining it...someone else want to try.

3. My guess is that it's a shitty weed strain, or it could just be that it was sick when it was growing. If you could post a detailed explanation of its symptoms maybe someone can give you a diagnoses and from there you can find the problem. Also, the longer you let it cure the more of a stoned/couchlock/sleepy high and if you only let it cure for a few days like you did you might have gotten a different high you're just not used to.

4. Did you flush with fresh PH'd water for 7 days?

5. no. is that what i need to do?

6. NO QUESTION you gotta flush out the nutrients or its gunna taste like all those chemicals. ICK.

Jp

7. straight water and that chemical acid irony taste goes away, dry it properly cure it good and it will taste like weed. my white widows even smell kinda like flowers and lemons not pot.

8. U have to flush 2 weeks prior to harvesting.

9. Yay! I get to be a contrarian again :D.

Depending on your nutrient program flushing isn't always necessary. In fact flushing is really only required if you've been overly aggressive with your nutes. For example, the Lucas Formula specifically recommends AGAINST flushing.

Proper harvesting and curing will go a LONG way to improving the taste and the high. I don't flush my grows at all, but I pay special attention to the trichs while it's growing so I can harvest at just the right time. And then I spend several weeks curing my harvest. A long time smoker who I shared a couple of samples with said it's some of the best weed she's ever had.

That said, three months of flowering is way too long for most strains. It seems likely that the THC in your trichs has deteriorated to the point that it's not going to do much for you. That or your growing a really shitty strain.