Buds on stalks? Losing leaves in flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ignatz451, Aug 12, 2012.

1. #1 Ignatz451, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Hi All.

I have 3 plants growing in my growbox, LST'd like crazy.

box is two 52-gallon rubbermaids stacked-up, lined with foil tape.

Unknown bagseed, FFOF soil, FF nutes/solubles and molasses EOW

about 8 weeks flowering under 400 watts CFL's (ten 40-watter's)

RH 50-60, Temps 73-86F

I'm wondering if it's normal for a plant to lose most of its leaves in later flowering. My plants are starting to look like buds on stalks after I cleared-out the dead/yellow ones that detached with a gentle pass of my fingers.

I know that the leaves yellow and die closer to harvest time, but should it start to look like buds on stalks?

If past is prologue, they will soon be buds on stalks before any amber trichs appear...

The trichs are still mostly clear/cloudy, prolly 60/40, barely an amber in sight, although calyx's have swollen and most of the pistils have browned and receded.

I don't know the strain, but I suspect a little sativa in there judging by the leaves.

I wanna be patient, and I know that there are still some leaves in these pics, but I wanna make sure that I don't wait too long for amber trichs if everything else about the plant the says it's harvest time (not knowing the strain isn't helping things either).

Anyone else out there have/had a plant that shed nearly all of its leaves as harvest approaches?

My plants always seem to do this, until they really are just buds on stalks (except for finger leaves) and I've never asked anyone if they've experienced this too.

I don't think that they are quite ready yet anyway, but in the coming days/weeks should I just let the leaves fall where they may and hold-out for some amber?

Any thoughts on how these plants look at 8 weeks since switching to 12/12?

Attached Files:

2. Almost always happens to me. Im in week 8 of flower with my G13 Labs Purple Haze and she has maybe 4 decent sized leafs and the rest are all just those finger leafs. Never really seemed to effect them negatively.

3. How long do you flower for?

I just don't know if I should be worried that the trichs seem to be so far behind the rest of the plant.

4. Well this is happening on both my white widow and purple haze plants. The white widow will go about 9 weeks and the purple haze about 11.

Right now i'm about 8 weeks in flower.

Trichs on the white widow are pretty much all milky with spots of amber here and there and the purple hazes trichs are pretty much still all clear.

5. That's reassuring, although I don't know what I'm growing. I had assumed they were indica, though I don't know why I thought that, they could be a hybrid, which I'm starting to think they are.

So in your experience, your plants spend a few week nearly leafless before harvest? just 'buds on stalks'?