Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buds on plant vs. buds off plant?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sweeet mary, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I was wondering why does some weed look like it has endless crystals in pictures of when its still on the plant, but when that same plant is chopped down it just looks really green with a lot of microscopic crystals? Is it because it's cured or is it because it's still on the plant?

2. Check out the stash jar, people have some awesome pictures of their weed in there. There are many different kinds of weed and it just depends on the strain you get.

3. Those pictures are macros. Look at the same bud with a 20x loop and you'll see the same as in the picture.

Unless it's been keifed. In which case break it apart and you'll still see the same thing.

They're called trichomes by the way not "crystals."

4. The first picture are buds and the second the second picture is as well, but they are still on the plant. The ones on the plant seem to have more THC than the ones in bud form and the second one's not a macro...

Attached Files:

5. I believe some trichromes and shit fall off the buds as they cure, people make kief/hash from it.

6. Ive always wondered this too. The only time ive seen a plant in real person was when me and my friends ninja'd one from the backyard of a dude that ripped us off. We thought it was like some prime organic dank but after we cured it shit was just some mids.

7. idk but that bud looks like some FUNK

8. man that looks like killer smoke i dont see the prob looks frosty as hell still

9. but guys, it looks frostier on the plant...

10. Flash from the camera makes them appear much whiter.

11. Of course theres gonna be more trichs on the plant in the picture. See how most of them are on the leaves? When you harvest you cut them off, removing most of the pretty otuside trichs.

12. I see you've been snooping around taking pictures of my setup :cool:

13. The resin glands are also stickier on the fresh plants too. I think it may be from when the plant is drying everything just shrinks, but don't quote me on that.

The nuggets also look super big on the plant, but it loses moisture and becomes much smaller.

14. when you cut the leaves off, and cure ect, the trichs will fall off, its almost inevitible. but still, most of time if its frosty as fuck on the plant, it will be dank as hell off the plant.

15. still looks liek some fire tho man be happy lol