buds not maturing at bottom

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yoloweedo, Aug 27, 2019.

1. #1 yoloweedo, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    i

2. Yeah, thats the "popcorn" buds....or "larf"......alot of growers that train......will cut those off earlier in the plants life...so you don't end up with that and the plant sends more enery to the upper buds.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Those bottom buds don't get enough light to grow very big.
    Most people cut them off for better air flow, but they do have potency.
    They won't subtract energy from upper colas or cause them to become smaller.
    Instead, the the plant will eat a tiny bit more to nourish them.
    If you have the time to spare, they can be subjected to a week or so of strong light and ripen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I keep them on. They are like little Scooby snacks while you’re waiting for your harvest to dry. I put them in a paper bag and let them dry like that. Then I just smoke those to get an idea of what’s to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. I cut them off , I want everything going to the cola's ………………….

• Like Like x 1
  6. popcorn becomes dry ice hash in my world , why waste it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Can do a staggered harvest mate. Anything that's not mature on chop day just leave it on the plant for another week or so. It's pretty hard to kill a healthy weed plant. Can literally chop it down to almost nothing and it'll just regrow as long as it was healthy.
    Or just stick the fluffy shit to one side and make bubble hash. That's what I do with it. Turns the crap into literally the strongest stuff I've ever smoked.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i do cut some of the bottom pal for that reason i just leave the odd bit if i feel im cutting too much off compared to the other plants. these perticular plants grew alot taller than i thought they would that was my problem i think. but yea the buds at the bottom are just as dense as the top just smaller its just the pistils that are all white. trics look the same bottom and top.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. this is what i was thinking pal.. surely a week or so would do it. i thought about bending the tops over and dropping my lights. just dont want to break anything.

the problem started when i had to put my lights down to 400w from 600 because the plants grew taller than i thought they would. i should of bent them over really. shite just happened lol

10. thanks pal whats pc mean LOL

11. A full pic of the plant and we could see how "trainable" it is at the moment...:love-m3j:

12. ahhaha scooby snacks i like it i dont like cutting anything off im always scared of a hermie popping out

• Like Like x 1
  13. i thought about this pal but i havent got another room spare for drying. its interesting to know that though :D if i ever get a chance ill give this a try!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm lovin the "pal".....where are ya from?:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  15. ermm ill try get you one but its that tall i dont think i could hahah i grew it straight up this time to see what would happen so theres just one central cola but with it being cookies the buds are only golf ball sized. you could pull it over i recon.. might gain 10cm moving the lights down after.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #18 yoloweedo, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    i

• Winner Winner x 2