Buds Not Growing??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ganjahoarder, Jan 30, 2012.

1. #1 Ganjahoarder, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    I have a NL and an Afghan Kush in their 5th week of flower. They buds took off in the first 2-3 weeks, but for the last 2 weeks they have really not gotten any bigger or fatter. Is this just strain related or does this happen to all strains?

2. Need more info...container size, type of lights you're using, and what are you feeding your girls?

3. ^^^^ what he said

4. In the 5th week your buds should be growing rapidly, not stalling

5. #5 Ganjahoarder, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    3 gal container, 400 hps, ffom, GH nutes, 12/12, good temps, healthy w/ no def. Could a small, and I mean small light leak set them back this much? The light leak was the blue "power button light" on my ionic air cleaner thats in the 3x3x5 tent. Covered the light 5 full nights ago.

6. [quote name='"Ganjahoarder"']3 gal container, 400 hps, ffom, GH nutes, 12/12, good temps, healthy w/ no def. Could a small, and I mean small light leak set them back this much? The light leak was the blue "power button light" on my ionic air cleaner thats in the 3x3x5 tent. Covered the light 5 full nights ago.[/quote]

How tall are they? Although you shouldnt be having root issues most likely. I dont know about the light, I read a thread where the guy kept getting hermies and the problem ended up being the light on his power strip. I would think if that was it though that they would pick back up in flowering.

7. I doubt a tiny blue button light will cause the buds growth to stall. I've read an article before that said that some strains will have growth spurts that come in waves. Meaning the buds will grow rapidly, stall, grow rapidly, stall, and finally finish up. I am not sure how much truth there is to that though. But maybe you have one of these strains? It seems you're doing everything right. You can try using some molasses, it should help swell up the buds some.

8. The light probably was not helping but honestly it depends on the strain and while light leaks are bad there usually not the end of the world. Keep in mind the last two weeks is usually when they grow the most rapidly you will be amazed.