Buds not drying properly

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tza36, Feb 9, 2014.

1. So im trying to figure out how to dry properly. I have read all the available info but i keep having the same problem. After a few days of hanging up my buds are very dry, yet the stem is still easily bendable.   Not sure what the problem is. They are hanging in my closet at about room temp. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Drying and curing is an art form in it's self.. And it changes depending on your region.. What works for me in the SW USA will give you molded crap on the east coast.. Ignore all the stem snapping threads you've read.. It's all wrong..
    I close trim wet.. Hang the branches till the buds start to feel stiff when lightly compressed.. Cut from branches at this point and start to slow the dry by placing in a closed ice chest for 22 hours per day.. Out for just a few hours the first few days.. You can use a hygrometer for this stage .. Your target is 65%.. Once I'm at this point I mason jar with a 62% Boveda Pack for long term storage..
    Caution this works in very low humidity..
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237   This is a fair thread on how to dry and cure..

3. Man thinks for the info. Will have to try that out next round.