Buds Not Big 4 Week Flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by monkanowskii, Sep 10, 2014.

1. #1 monkanowskii, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    My plant is in week 4 of flower and the bids aren't any bigger than my pinky now note that I have purposely stunted it's growth to be short but would that have anything to do with bud growth? CAM00002.jpg CAM00002.jpg CAM00003.jpg

2. What training did you do? Seems weird that it grew some three and one bladed leaves. Otherwise it looks healthy. How are you counting how long its been in flower? From sight of first hairs or from 12/12? Sight of first hairs and actual buds is more accurate in some cases.

I'd agree about the 1 and 3 bladed leaves.  Have you had any dark period interuptions/lightleaks?  

4. #4 CallMeAria, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    Single blade leaves in flowering is fairly common. But the 3-bladed fan leaves at this stage are likely due to stress of some sort...

What did you use to stunt its growth and when did stop?

EDIT: actually those are single-bladed fan leaves, not sugar leaves. I'd say those are also due to stress. Almost looks like its trying to re-veg.

5. Yeah very weird seeing both the threes and ones

6. Do u know the strain?

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

It is exactly what a plant looks like when it revegges, stress looks a bit different IME.

8. EDIT: actually those are single-bladed fan leaves, not sugar leaves. I'd say those are also due to stress. Almost looks like its trying to re-veg.[/quote]

Looks like reveg to me as well what's your light schedule?

9. I am counting a week after first hairs..the strain is unknown bag seed, my method of stunting was keeping it in a two quart pot until first hairs were seen.I also trimmed a lot..I also used LST after topping main stem..I read a lot of books and lots of YouTube