Buds need to get more density

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by natedognas, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Have. 6x8 tent and have had four very successful grows but my problem lies in that besides colas which i topped several times all lower buds dont get any density too them. I was thinking of using gravity bud harder by humboldt . Ne suggestions or tips would be appreciated. I have lights on lower limbs and strip bottom 6 inches to not waste plants energy on wispy buds.

2. Look into Protekt and use it with each watering.

Also look into botanical teas in the organic section.

Both of those will help.

3. The gravity won't have much impact.

What those lower buds need is more light. Like you suggested, stripping off the lower growth and allowing the plant to focus on the places that do get enough lighting is a pretty good idea. If you're not hip to the whole branch removal though you do have another option.

Mounting the bulb vertically, outside of a reflector, allows the full 360 degrees of the bulb to illuminate the plants directly, without reflection. It also can grow a much larger total canopy. It still requires some training as the back of the plants get less light, but the plants around the vertically mounted bulb will get even lighting top to bottom and this can help your lower branches fill out a lot better.

Vertical growing increases yields foot for foot day for day. I recommend looking into it.

4. Thank you im gonna try few things like stripping a lil of each branch leaving nice bud on just tips instead of 3 or 4 smaller ones. And is that protekt organic i do use it early on for cuttings and starters and believe it is buti am goin to leave it in regular feeding schedule

5. Vertical growing increases yields foot for foot day for day. I recommend looking into it.[/QUOTE]

Is that when u use only on sides so lowers finish just as fast as tops

6. Lollipop them for sure!

I heard Gravity got pulled off the shelves because they found it to cause cancer. Just what I heard though and I haven't seen it at the local Hydro store in a while.