Buds have no hairs???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ciscokid86, Oct 25, 2010.

1. I have some clones that I just harvested which were a little premature but unfortunately I had to snag em due to the harsh wet climate approaching..
    Anyways, my question to you people is.. have you ever seen a buds without hairs on them?? I harvested about 15 of my plants that were about 5 weeks into budding and they dont' have hairs.. I simply don't get it?! Is this just normal for some strains?? I've grown before and smoked alot o different nug but i've never seen a bud with no hairs?!
    The guy that sold me the clones told me there were 'z plant' strain (some kind of hash plant).. never heard of it. They have lots of crystal but no bud!?!
    Anybody know anything about this??

Thanks,

2. when you squeeze the "buds" does yellow shit fly out?

3. ummm, no.. there's no yellow shit flying out lol

4. sounds like you got yourself some bald weed. :cool:

5. lol ok, i was hoping you hadnt mistaken it for male flowers, i would've lol'd

but bro, i really dont know, never heard of Flowers without pistils.

6. ya i don't know.. i could upload some pics maybe.. it's all really crystally bud but just no damn hairs... weird

7. pictures would help

8. doesnt look like this does it?

[​IMG]

9. i dont know dude. some strains have much shorter pistils then others. need some pictures.

10. LOL Dude those look like total fucking male flowers.

11. yea we have a local strain that has pretty much has no hairs, and its goofy as shit to grow but is awsome once done.

12. I've wondered this before too, I've picked up alot of bags that just don't have any hairs

13. I have one plant with no hairs this plant started out budding in veg light right at 3 months later i seen 1 of the buds with 1 hair sticking out

14. "Yellow shit" You mean pollen? "hairs" U mean pistils?
    trichomes and no pistils? Nope never seen no pistols on a female plant, SO FAR. BUT I'm a firm believer that shit happens. :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Never uploaded picture?

16. If :poop: flies out U R squeezing the wrong thing in the wrong place. ;)

17. not a good pic i'll get a better one

Attached Files:

18. I have almost the same problem - but I'm not sure if it is a problem - this is some lemon diesel I planted in March. I started it indoors and then moved it outside. The buds are so heavy they're drooping over the pot edge...but no pistils!
    DSCN2637.JPG

The pic below is of this plant's sister - this one has brown hairs and is frostier than the first pic - but under the microscope the trichomes are still pretty clear. A lot are white, some are amber and others are still clear. You can see how heavy it is because it's leaning over the edge of the black grow bag I have them in.
    DSCN2640.JPG

They are very sticky and smell great, but it's getting close to harvest time (I think) - but should I harvest these yet? This is my second grow, I did some Jack Herer last year and those came out great. I also have some Durban Poison that's just about ready (it's loaded with frosty white trichomes), but I'm wondering if I should chop these LD's...

Any observations are welcomed!

19. I have almost the same problem - but I'm not sure if it is a problem - this is some lemon diesel I planted in March. I started it indoors and then moved it outside. The buds are so heavy they're drooping over the pot edge...but no pistils!
    View attachment 3086652

The pic below is of this plant's sister - this one has brown hairs and is frostier than the first pic - but under the microscope the trichomes are still pretty clear. A lot are white, some are amber and others are still clear. You can see how heavy it is because it's leaning over the edge of the black grow bag I have them in.
    View attachment 3086653

They are very sticky and smell great, but it's getting close to harvest time (I think) - but should I harvest these yet? This is my second grow, I did some Jack Herer last year and those came out great. I also have some Durban Poison that's just about ready (it's loaded with frosty white trichomes), but I'm wondering if I should chop these LD's...

Any observations are welcomed!