buds growing slow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by elliotgreen, May 12, 2017.

1. good morning growers.
    i have been noticing the past 3 weeks the buds have been growing really slowly. im feeding her every other water with old timers grow, molassas, pk platinum when guided to, big bud when guided to and over drive when guided to.
    im around 8 weeks from the switch to 12/12 the strain is laughing buddha and is said to take 70-75 days. any ideas what may be wrong heres some pictures.

[​IMG]

that picture was taken on monday

[​IMG]

and that was taken on 20th of april

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. One month, more or less. Impatient growers should stick with Indicas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. im not a impatient grower im just asking why it has slowed down a lot it started budding really fast and doesnt seem to have grown in the past 3 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  4. It has grown.. can you not see the difference? Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. it has grown yeah but its not grown much in 3 weeks i was expecting them colas to be full with bud by now.

6. Is this your first grow?

Those buds wont fill out till the last couple weeks when they start to swell.

only way youll really know is with a loupe

7. Also, if this is laughing buddha from Barneys Farm is takes more than 75 days without perfect conditions.
    Barneys Farm - Laughing Buddha
    Its long flowering period develops an intense spacey high with a distinct powerfully sweet and spicy aroma.
    Grows fast and stretches during flowering and may need pruning or bending. The finished plant develops large heavy colas dripping with sativa trichromes.
    seeds.

Genetics: Thai, Jamaican
    Yield: Optimum indoor. 450 gr/m2
    Height: 75 - 90 cm (indoor)
    Flowering time: 75 to 90 days (indoor)
    Harvest time: Mid October (outdoor)
    THC: 18 %
    CBD: 0.4 %

8. yeah first time mate, i have been told laughing buddha can take up to 90 days. i know ive got a long time left im just wondering why my bud growth has slowed down so much

9. :bang:

• Funny Funny x 1

10. really?

11. 'Grows fast and stretches during flowering and may need pruning or bending' <--- when did i say this lol.

dont think so

12. in your previous post. im guessing it was just a copy and paste

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ahh i see it now lol. yeah was a quick copy and paste jobby.

14. lol! i have also got some brown spots on my plant do you have any idea what it could be.

[​IMG]

15. Are you using Cal Mag with your nutes? Tap water? R/O water?

If you're getting Brown spots its usually something to do with Cal Mag.
    Calcium + magnesium are two different elements required for plant nutrition. Calcium , is immobile. That means it cannot be moved through plant tissues. Magnesium is highly mobile in plant tissues.

If its showing on the lower or older growth then its probably Magnesium, If its showing on newer leaves then its probably Calcium.

Get yourself some Cal Mag and it should solve the problem. You can also Foliar Feed Cal mag, which is what i do when i need to.

Hope this has helped and as always if anyone spots something incorrect please correct me.

16. Also, heres a chart to show you whats what in terms of deficiency. Old content but invaluable when first starting out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. i was using cal-mag in the vegetive stage and didnt seem to be doing much i also foliar fed some epsom salts and it didnt really help i then found out i have really hard water and probably didnt need any cal-mag so i stopped it. can u foliar feed during flowering?

18. In early flower probably upto about 3/4 weeks then i'd stop personally, I'd be too scared about bud rot and stuff and I wouldnt want to say yeah go ahead and then you end up with problems. I guess if you have good air flow or a dehumidifier you might get away with it. You'd still def be able to add it to your nutes and feed it that way.

19. Damn man.
    This is my 1sr grow as well. Mine ARE Indicas and my Bud growth has also slowed...No problem here, I just go with the flow..Continue to expose more little bud sites as I go and being patient. Maintaining the same routine as when they started flower and watching for abnormalities..that keeps me busy.:)
    I will say that the buds/Colas are pretty dense and hard (wish my dic* was so lucky..LOL)
    5-10-photo
    5-10-17.jpg

20. i might start using some cal-mag again and see how it goes.