Buds growing... Raising lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Paxico, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Hello all! When do I stop raising the lights with a 300 watt LED? My buds are growing nicely (nicely for a first-time grower, anyway) now and I've been keeping the top about 25 cm - 30 cm from the light. Can I let them grow into the light at some point, given that it's LED?[​IMG]

2. I keep my plants at no less than 12 inches from my light during flowering. Don't let your plants grow into the light at all you will most likely run into problems (bleaching, light burn, heat stress)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the info. The plant seems to still be growing an inch a day or so.

4. you can train them.. tie them down.. or supercrop depending on what stage they are in (or as a last resort to keep them out of the lights)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks... I think it's too late to tie them. I should have done some training during veg.

6. It's not too late to tie them down. From the pics and if it's still growing like that, you're only a couple weeks in flower. I just supercropped a stretchy girl 3 weeks in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

7. I've also had a mars 400w 12inch from tops. I have just put in a 1000w bestva led aswel but raised them both to 18" now. Is that okay or should I lower them. My temps are still 21c after adding the 1000w in yet my humidity has jumped from 40 to 70 now. Why?

8. Maybe more heat causing more transpiration.

9. So more moisture in the air...

10. Yeah but I thought if its 21C with just my mars 400w led in. Why when I add a 1000w ontop of the 400w does the temp remain the same. Surely it must give some heat. Will have to check tonight when I get in.

11. Where is your thermometer? Maybe the new light increased temps elsewhere, but not where the thermometer is.

12. thermo
    hi. thermometer is at soil height. does this make a difference should it be held near the top canopy?

13. I am new to all of this, but I keep my hygrometer at the canopy height and move it up appropriately.