Buds Falling Over

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigtg, Mar 31, 2017.

1. So it is day 2 of week 9 and from the looks of it my bud has at least another 2 weeks, I am growing 6 plants in a scrog format. My problem is that over 50% of the buds have got so heavy and dense that they have fallen over and are laying on top of the netting, some colas are laying on other colas. I have a fan underneath and above to make sure there is constant airflow. SO getting to the question, Can I just allow them to remain floppy and tipped over laying across the netting, will they still continue to grow at a normal rate as if they were standing straight up? OR do I have to find something that will support them? I have already ordered some 2' bamboo sticks from amazon they should be here in a few days, tell me what y'all think!

2. I've read that plant yoyos can help.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah just stake them up no biggie or whatever works in your situations. I have stakes going and also i took some wire and tied them up to the top of the tent.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

4. You can just let them sit where they are and finish maturing

Just remember man - now is the critical time... make 110% sure that they're as ready as they can be - totally and completely mature before you harvest.

Don't ever go by "breeders recommended timeframe". Different phenos require different harvest times.

Edit: your problem isn't a bad one to have lol

Pics?

J

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the feedback everyone, Jerry I can upload some pictures later tonight after time spent with the family :wave:

I'm glad to see you here :D you have commented in some previous posts that I have made its always good to see familiar faces. Last crop I was VERY anxious it being my first crop ever and I know that I most certainly chopped the crop to early :cry: I would say by looking at it (which I could, and more than likely, be wrong) needs another 2-3 weeks. I should have pictures up within the hour ^_^

PS: Also thank you for confirming that they could just lay there and mature without having them staked up. This was a big worry to me that them laying down could cause some problems, maybe bud rot or mold; if that is even possible.

6. #6 bigtg, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    :rave-girl: EDIT: any guestimate on a time frame for harvest does 2-3 weeks sound about right.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am reviving this post so I do not have to make a new one, I need everyone's opinion on how much longer you think I should let these girls go? It was very difficult to get a clear image of the trichs. I tried my best to get a picture with the jewelers loupe and cellphone

Attached Files:

8. They aren't finished yet. You can still see a lot of white pistils shooting out the buds, and I don't see any amber trichs in close up. Wait for 30% amber trichs minimum and then chop. You'll thank yourself for being patient

9. How long do you think this will take Mike from the point that it is at now? Do you think that it will be another week, or longer than a week. This is going into week 13... counting day 1 as the first day of 12/12

10. With the sheer amount of white hairs alone I would guess at least 2 weeks @bigtg - and maybe a little more. If I were you I'd post new pictures in 2 weeks again.

This is such a crucial time right now. You've done a great job, so whatever you do, don't make the mistake of chopping them too early. Right now is when flavors and aromas really start to come alive - your buds will still get denser and pack on even more weight over the next few weeks.

The best advice I can give is that when you don't think they could possible get any better? Wait another week!

Again, nice job for sure for your second garden.

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. Exactly right...too many white

mmm...they look good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You mention bud rot. DO make sure your humidity is <60 and shoot for the 40s

13. Thank you for the compliment jerry! 2 More weeks you say!? Well this Wednesday would be 1 week, I will certainly take your advice, but 2 more weeks :blink: I will certainly post some pictures on Wednesday I have noticed that the trichs seem to be getting a more milky color, I will keep my eye out for the amber color but have yet to see any. They are already incredibly dense, these things are going to be miniature baseball bats.

As for bud rot, I do not think I would have any issue, the humidity is always below or at 50% never higher. Would the buds laying on other buds cause bud rot? I do have a oscillating fan underneath that runs 24/7 to keep the air moving, there is also one on top, but it has an auto 12hr shut off, so just have to remember to turn it on once a day.

Thanks for the feedback! :thankyou:

14. double scrog

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Next time I will definitely have a two level scrog. A tad late now, but thanks for suggesting :love-m3j:

16. If your humidity is where you say it is you should be fine. Yes, if your bud is lying on other buds it can trap moisture...but at 50, not much to trap and not a good mold environment. Rock on!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. So like I said, here are the week 1 of 2 photos, If I am correct this will be week 12 day 2; counting day 1 as the first day of switching the lights to 12/12. Does it still look like these need another week? or should I just keep an eye on it throughout the week? I still haven't seen any amber trichs. I tried to take a picture with the DSLR and loupe but it's very hard to tell. (pic 032 start of veggie garden :love-m3j:)

Attached Files:

18. ...Wait for the amber...amber...amber...

You won't be disappointed.

If you don't wait you will be...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. This is going to be a long next week and half :cry::laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  20. there's nothing wrong with cutting off a bud, letting it dry and trying it out.

I do it all the time. Just one won't shock anything and you'll notice the difference then.

...it take a week to dry though...

• Funny Funny x 1