Buds are very Dry. Can I do a light misty spray on them w water.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by AngryPossum, Oct 19, 2021.

1. I just dried my buds for approx 12 days and im curing them now. The buds are actually very dry. I placed them in jars to cure using Boveda packs, but there really dry. I'd like to know if I can do a fine misty spray on the buds and then put them back in the jars. I will also do the apple or orange peels to add moisture, and I can also do a cotton ball soaked in water or paper towel too. But I'd like to do a misty spray on them. Is that advisable?

2. I'm using small damp paper towel and some lemon peels right now.

3. If you over dried them it’s probably too late to come back.

If you have a hygrometer you’d be able to see the exact RH% in the jar and take out most of the guess work.

Orange peel and other things like wet paper towels aren’t advisable due to mold concerns.
    The Boveda 62-72 might be your best option.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I wouldn't do any of that. It happens sometimes, over drying. There's nothing you can do at this point that will be very effective. Spraying with water or trying to moisten will potentially cause mold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. In a pinch, I've rehydrated weed in a baggie or jar with a small piece of bread at one end. Lol. It works good though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Did they go in dry and how many days in? A little meter should show an increase over time as buds bleed from center out. Givem a few days closed and see where you get. If done then done and on to next. Just my thoights. If taste bad..edibles..:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your Boveda packets will rehydrate them just fine unless it's a small Boveda in a large jar. I don't know if your cure will work or not but the buds will have the correct amount of moisture. The small Boveda's can only give a couple of ml of moisture, maybe three if they're hydrated to their limit. You can spritz a dry Boveda with water, put it in a jar, and it'll rehydrate and work again. Keep adding moisture until you don't feel the little pebbles inside.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 12 Days drying in an outdoor tent with controlled Temps at 70 and air circulation.

9. I'm trying the small dampened paper towels and small lemon peels,. My hygrometer is now showing 65% Rh in the jars with the moisteners in there. I'll leave for few hours and check them.

10. I would just jar them no moisture a few days. See what happens. If too low then already stopped curing. If rise over 55 or so then good to go.

11. Think of drying cannabis like cooking a nice steak.
    You wanted medium rare but you have very well done.
    You can no more un-dry that cannabis then you can un-cook that chunk of shoe leather that once was a nice raw steak.
    Put a twist of wet paper towel in the jar for a few hours to hydrate the buds to make then usable without crumbling to dust when handled.

It'll never cure so don't waste your time. Once dried below 55% humidity all biological processes in the drying buds stop and can NOT be restarted. You had just one chance to get the dry right. No do overs.

Slow dry is the Key to getting a good smelling harvest and cure.
    What Factors a Cause an "Earth" Smell
    How I get it done.
    What does curing your bud do?
    More
    http://www.plant-hormones.info/ethylene.htm
    http://pakupaku.info/knowledge/ethylene.shtml
    http://www.bovedainc.com/store/herbal/
    http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1218340-experimental-cure-using-boveda.html/page-2
    Cure Your Medicine by DJ Short
    http://www.thecvault.com/62-humidity-control-curing-storage-products.html
    http://www.rollitup.org/t/different-curing-methods.892/
    http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1218340-experimental-cure-using-boveda.html
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237
    And even more.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. [​IMG]
    Hang just long enough for the smallest popcorn buds to start to firm up.
    Chop buds from branches
    [​IMG]
    Place in cut down paper bags
    Leave out and exposed during the day.
    [​IMG]
    Stack in closed airtight container at night.
    Buds will be dead limp when container is first opened and this is your true humidity read.
    Place buds back outside until firm.
    Place in can over night.
    As the days progress and the buds dry they will need less time exposed per day.
    At the end of 7 to 10 days you should be exactly at 65-62% and they are ready to jar.

This is what it takes to get a flawless dry in my smoking hot and stone dry conditions.
    8% humidity is a stone bitch to dry in.

Limp = needs more dry time
    Firm buds = needs more can time.
    When the can is opened the 7th day or so and the buds stayed firm overnight they are done.

BNW

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  13. thats a bit long at 70 degrees sorry to say! is this your first harvest? how much weed are we talking about ? a pound? an ounce? the lemon peel or boveda may help DO NOT spray them with water just consider this a lesson and next time dry them at like 60 and 60 for between 5 and seven days its better to under dry than over dry I always trim mine still damp then jar them and dump them out daily until i get the right RH about 62%

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 GroBuddy, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    12 days is a long time, buds should feel dry. Once in jars humidity should reach mid to upper 60's, maybe low 70's without the use of a humidity pack. It'll hold humidity for around 2 weeks time varies before a humidity pack is needed. I'll throw one in around 60%

Have you been to Roswell? I live a couple hours away had a paid guided tour. Went everywhere but the crash site. My wife believes in that, I don't think we're alone in the universe but I don't believe in the Roswell crash either. Not suggesting anything either way just giving my experience and view since noticing your display

15. #15 AngryPossum, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Thanks for that.
    You need to Read the Book below by Colonel Corso called "The Day After Roswell" . If you weren't a believer then, you will be now. 5 Stars. Google some excerpts from that book. Shocking to say the least.
    20211020_060010.jpg

16. #16 GroBuddy, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Yea I'm 36 I live down the road from Roswell. The tour guide was friends with a guy what was friends with the reporter that took the photo of the general holding the silver material and with the general. The tour went by the hanger the UFO and alien's were taken to by the generals and reporters house, also some German place I can't remember but a swastika was still there. There's several free museums we've been to and a couple pay to see all pertaining to the crash. I dont think there's anything in that book that I dont already know.

I mean the bible was written by God's disciples do you believe everything in it? For me seeing is believing and science. If I based every aspect of life off what others say I'd be looking a fool most times. For me to think we're alone in this vast universe we live in is crazy. I think either aliens are already here and are integrated into our society which is why all old civilizations built pyramids and had UFOs and people in space suits as hieroglyphs. Or I believe if they've came here we wouldn't even know. We as of now have basic cloaking ability without the ability to travel through space and time. a society that is advanced enough to travel through space, I would think they have perfected cloaking. My wife is a conspiracy theorist, I'm more of a realist. Do I think something could have happened in that field back in 1947, yes something could have happened. However that was 1947 I wasn't born until 1985 over time specifics get misconstrued and blatant lies. So until I see actual proof I can't buy into a governmental coverup. Along with nobody on their deathbed providing proof. Only stories of them telling the truth, coming from a third party.

If you like stuff like that if you haven't looked into it you should research the 4 stargates

• Winner Winner x 1