Budget Stealth Closet Grow (Back To Basics Grow Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by qbx101, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Back To Basics Grow Tutorial
    This will be the start of what will hopefully be my 4th successful grow! I plan on updating daily to help provide as much information as possible for those who may come behind me with similar ideas and dreams. Before anything I want to go ahead and apologize in advanced for generally poor grammar. (At the time i thought high-school was for learning how to smoke/grow weed). Anyways even if only one person ever gets anything out of this journal than its 100% worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. So what I have available to work with in my current living situation is a closet that will perfectly accommodate a 48x24x60 tent leaving enough room for ducting to come out the sides. I live in an upstairs 2 bedroom apartment. the other room being occupied by my room mate. For this reason i would like to be respectful as possible to those around me. so dealing with smell, heat, and noise without sacrificing quality is going to be crucial.

A little background info. I am an everyday smoker that enjoys the little things in life, such as growing my own smoke, gaming, exploring nature, and almost anything DIY that involves electricity or weed :)

3. Yeaa this will be great man

4. #4 qbx101, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Pictures Coming Soon
    After several days of careful planning and research I loaded up my Attitude Seed Bank and Amazon shopping carts with everything I could think of that I would need. (If you are planning on following this as a budget tutorial the follow the guidelines found below.
    The items I feel as if are a necessity will be in Blue.
    Red means similar cheaper products but with less overall performance.

[Ex. you could get by with a 400 watt kit instead of 600 but bud quality will show in the end.]

IF THERE WERE ANY TWO ITEMS I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GOING CHEAPER ON IS THE LIGHT KIT AND VENTILATION KIT DUE TO YIELD AND ODER

Attitude
    1. Dinafem Seeds Cheese
    2. White Widow x Big Bud
    3. Big Bud XXL
    Amazon
    1. VIVOSUN 48x24x60 Grow Tent with Observation Window (75.00)
    2. VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Inline Fan, Carbon Filter, and Ducting (4" 203cfm $98.99) (6"$128.99)
    3. VIVOSUN 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Air Cooled Reflector Kit (400watt-138.99) (600watt-155.99)
    4. VIVOSUN 6 inch Inline Duct Booster Fan 240 CFM (20.99)
    5. VIVOSUN Inline Booster Duct Fan Speed Controller (12.99)
    6. Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan (13.50)
    7. 6" Aluminum Ducting Heavy-Duty, reinforced, Four-Layer Light Proof Protection 25-Feet (14 to 21)
    8. General Hydroponics pH Control Kit (20.39)
    9. ExHale Homegrown CO2 Booster Bag (35.99)
    10. FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil (5 to 20)
    11. Fox Farm Liquid Grow Big Vegetative Fertilizer (5.00) (9.79)
    12. Fox Farm Liquid Big Bloom Flowering Fertilizer (5.00) (9.79)
    13. 6" Stainless Steel Ducting Clamps for Ventilation x2 (4.99)
    14. Great White Mycorrhizae 1 oz (11.99)
    I'm sure there are probably at-least a few things i'm forgetting but as i realize what they are i will try to add them.

5. #5 qbx101, Feb 17, 2019
    The power of the internet
    A lot of exciting things have happened mostly good only 1 bad. one of the two seeds I planned on growing died during the germination process. this was very odd to me because I've never had any seeds fail in the past. Not to mention that the cheese by Dinafem was germinated right beside the Big Bud XXL and is doing fantastic she is 1 week above soil and is about to enter full vegetative growth stage. so to replace the Big Bud XXL a Big Bud x White Widow should be popping above ground by tomorrow morning. As far as all the other grow equipment everything arrived and is accounted for besides the speed controller for the booster fan and the CO2 bag that will arrive Sunday.​

Below will be some attached pictures of some of the items. and how they are set up. (more details to come on why things are the way they are.) Also sadly i lost the picture of the vivosun kit before it was installed so i did have to grab one off the internet.(sry pl's dn't hate me lol)
    99C5652D-DF9C-4A69-AE52-6CFA34913CCD.jpeg
    749F9365-E555-4D3A-8C6F-DD590EA1973A.jpeg
    You got this
    Set up for all of this can be comparable to adult Lego's whether you follow my set up exactly or not. Just be sure to get the appropriate size light for the size tent (HIGHLY RECOMMEND MH/HPS).Truth is anyone could do this exact thing by simply reading tutorials or watching videos and actually pay attention. A lot of people get very intimidated by all the terms and scary big names. when in all reality 95% of the time we just watch the grass grow.

I Know it sounds like a lot but i literally completed this whole tutorial in 3 hours

Why HID Lights
    Once you have your tent set up witch can be frustrating. Now its time for your light. keeping it simple, your kit came with two bulbs MH (Metal Halide) and HPS (High Pressure Sodium). Here's why MH emits the perfect spectrum for vegetative growth. and yep you guessed it HPS produces the best spectrum for flowering.

71zEpxwPuDL._SL1500_.jpg
    Ventilation
    The 6" carbon filter is installed however not added to the air extraction system yet because their is no reason to waste filter life before you can smell your baby's. :) The Vivosun 6" 440cfm is mounted in a very hard to see place to the exact left of the tent to provide optimal room inside the tent to raise and lower the air cooled hood i did my best to get pictures of the fan strapped to the shelf above the tent to allow it to hang in the perfect spot. as far as my exhaust it blows right back out into my room. witch can be seen in the picture of the shelf with nutrients.

2D59DCE3-50B7-433E-B505-3C8167A92897.jpeg

Now the intake was a little more tricky i wanted to be able to intake fresh air from near the window while its still winter here. (long term I'm buying a mini AC unit). That is why i purchased the higher quality ducting because a section of it will run under my bed out of site over to under my window. (which when cracked icy air just rushes to where the booster fan with speed controller which is connected to the air intake) the section of ducting that goes from closet to under the bed will soon be on some sort of quick disconnect of sorts so while I'm gone during my 8 hour work shift the closet is closed and locked and the ducting is out of site under the bed
    12E2FE2A-899B-441E-B90C-C715E1B3568B.jpeg
    7897982D-CAA6-46F5-B1AE-DFC954C5FF79.jpeg
    946876D7-5632-460D-8BD6-7FE510A7A649.jpeg
    Next post will be first plant update!

Attached Files:

6. #6 qbx101, Feb 17, 2019
    Very Very tired its 6:21 AM. From here back to the start of this journal Iv'e done in one sitting. However i feel it necessary to get the first plant update posted so we will be up to date from here on out. :) very exciting stuff this first week. what i am 90%sure is the Cheese from Dinafem is the one that is now 6 days out of soil.and just was transplanted to a bigger pot yesterday and loved it. however there might have been a mix up in labeling IDK. The other one which is the White Widow x Big Bud i have a feeling will sprout Tom. night.
    87FC2873-B2D0-4875-A69E-33E97765E541.jpeg
    well peace and love boys. be back in 24 hours or less

• Like Like x 1
  7. Did my first Top on the Cheese today and it went really good and clean with a very sterile razor. not really sure it was too early to do the first top but i did and it seems fine. will update tomorrow with pictures on how it looks 24 hours after the top and a good watering. as far as the big bud x white widow it sprouted but is acting kinda funny almost like its just moving in slow motion, however the stock is extremely thick for only being like a half inch tall with hardly any true leaves... so i guess we will see. if it sounds like im doing anything wrong feel free to add input.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looking good as far as I can tell... The younger still being seemingly slow but it had a brutal time germanating and I wasn't expecting anything at all when I put it in the soil.. 0221192232a.jpg 0221192232b.jpg 0221192232a_HDR.jpg 0221192232_HDR.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Progress!! Did some reconfiguring to the tent. The cheese has recovered from being transplanted to the 5 gallon early in life with some equally early topping. And the WWxBB is finally making some progress after transplanting, however I may try moving it slightly further from the light and increasing the humidity with a bag for a few days to help get it going and stretch its growth a little bit. Been doing almost straight water with some kelp and mycroize stuff. Gave the cheese 1 1/5th recomended seedling dose of Foxfarm Grow Big. More updates coming 0227192240.jpg 0227192240a.jpg 0227192240_HDR.jpg

10. Around 2 weeks since last update. The cheese has been topped 3 times I believe now and I just topped the WW for the first time. It is also recovering from transplant to t gallon. The cheese also just received its first full dose of grow big 2tsp per gallon. And a very light dose with extra water for the WW just raised the light and turned it up to 600watts to try to promote some stretching before I add treallace net. 0314190035.jpg 0317190550a.jpg 0317190550.jpg 0314190035a.jpg

11. Sorry for lack of updates... Ive been very busy with work and what not... Have had a few. PH. Issuies here and their and some nasty light burn on a few colas from befoee I moved the light up when they stretched Snapchat-1269723747.jpg Snapchat-1272331295.jpg

• Like Like x 1