Budget grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Ride_red024, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Would it work using reptile terrarium equipment to control heat, humidity, ect? Any help would be greatly appreciated I am new to this and starting from scratch with a small budget and I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. What size budget and what is a realistic set up for where you live ie apartment with a closet , a whole basement are you in a legal state . Meaning does it have to be discrete electric bill ect ?

3. The success or failure of your grow will be in your lighting. Don't even attempt to start this until you can get sufficient lighting for at least one plant. Otherwise, you're going to be spending your money for just about nothing. Sure, you can put something together that will veg a plant and even get it to bud, but unless you've got enough wattage to force the plant to really produce, it's only going to be a very very small harvest of probably only a few grams. If you want to grow a nice plant, get yourself a light that will nicely flower one plant. Done properly, you can harvest ounces instead of grams. But before I spent a penny of my hard earned money, I would take the time to do the serious research you need to do to get a solid idea of all that is involved with this hobby...if that's what you call it. LOL Because there is absolutely nothing associated with it that is "cheap" or "economy" priced. I suggest you go through some journals of some of the more experienced growers here on the forum. I also suggest you plan to start with a soil grow. New growers need some basic knowledge on how to tend a plant, and the best way to make that happen is by starting out with a soil grow. They're much more forgiving and don't require as much technical knowledge when first starting out. If you can get your hands on some good formulated grow soil and understand that it already has in it what the plants need to grow well, you can grow a plant throughout it's entire life by simply repotting into fresh soil when it becomes root bound. Instead of trying to put together a budget indoor grow, why don't you plan trying to grow a plant or two outside first. That'll give you some understanding of the plant and give you an overall better idea of what to expect.

Man hasn't come up with anything that will even remotely touch the sun as a light source. The very best we've got to work with won't even begin to touch what they get in the natural environment. So you can understand how important the lighting aspect of the grow is when putting together something inside. We run 4, 1000 watt hps lamps per flower room and generally flower about 8 plants per room at a time...sometimes one or two more depending on the plant. But it was only when I got to that level of light in the flower rooms that I started to harvest the kind of buds that I had been shooting for since the start of this thing. We've been at it for several years now and it took us awhile to put all this together, but I've easily got well over $10K just in the equipment and rooms I have going. With good strong light comes heat...unless you can afford the LED lighting which is still very expensive...even for cheap fixtures. The economy options are HPS and HID...which work wonderfully well but produce tons of heat. If you're going to grow in a confined space, you'll have to run ducting and can fans to pull heat out away from your plants because getting it too hot around your plants will kill them.

So take the time to look around at different people's grows and that will help you immensely as far as getting a better understanding of your options and what you'll have to come up with to put something together that will get you something at harvest. Best of luck! TWW