Budget grow, looking for feedback on light and whether I am setting myself up to get caught.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheQuibbler, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Guess I'm just overthinking it.

Do you think I can safely setup 4xqb132 in a closet that is only 560x560; when each panel is 225x300 and I also have exhaust vent / filter.

Feel like it might be a little tight.

2. Seen someone say to use YOYOs before. But I often have a problem finding things locally, because we don't use the the English names.
    And it seems overkill to order something small like a hanger from the US to Dk, that you should be able to get locally.

Also need to find Double Roller Catches, because my closet door doesn't close completely.
    But I can't find the Danish equivalent. Google wasn't very helpful with either YOYOs or Catches. :)

3. Do you have any Amazon or Ebay in a country close by..? They should carry them..these are not only for weed..many people in the US grow veggies indoors in the winter.
    "light yo-yo hangers"

4. Mars has bullshit LED lights and even worse is having to deal with them for a replacement. I would suggest a 315w CMH. Less heat than traditional HID lights and the light quality is outstanding

5. Was thinking..many of the yoyo hanger vendors on Ebay US ship from Hong Kong or China for free..maybe email and ask them directly?? (you can buy the in single packs and up..costing maybe $5 USD each!!)

6. I can most likely also find it on ebay from the UK or Germany. But that isn't really my concern, it is more just the fact that as you say, this isn't something used for weed grow only; I should be able to find it easily in a local store, if just I knew the name.

How can it possibly be profitable to send a $5 item, with free shipping. It cost about $6 to send a package where I live. Someone is gonna lose on that deal :)

7. No idea and could care less..but here: (worldwide shipping too)
    Outdoor Camping Rope Ratchet Adjustable Heavy Duty Hanger Light Reflector 1 Pair | eBay

8. Uh Oh..looks like from China to Denmark is gonna cost you a whopping 29 cents US !! LMAO

9. Just run two or three of them. You don't have to run all 4 just because they come in 4 packs only right now. If you make the other two work you could probably sell them for $75 each easy to someone else or save them until you can expand.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I know that most growers in Europe haven't been able to source the QB stuff because it's too expensive to import they say. I'm not sure if this company is different but this is another company building kits with the same leds as HLG.
    Sun Board 240

11. Can't justify getting twice the amount of light I am gonna use, when I am on a budget, even if they are better. Btw, them giving off white light, that include green, doesn't that use power on a color spectrum that the plants doesn't use?

So I'll probably end up going with one of the cheap 200watt Chinese kits. I can always change my mind if they get some single boards back in stock.

12. Contrary to popular belief green is used by plants. That's one reason that the higher end burple led setups have a few greens. How do HPS grow lights continue to do so well with their spectrum so stacked in the yellow and green bands?

Green light: Is it important for plant growth?
    [​IMG]
    "Plants grown with 50 percent green and 50 percent red light were approximately 25 percent shorter than those grown under only red light, but approximately 50 percent taller than all plants grown under more than 25 percent blue light (Photo 2). Therefore, blue light suppressed extension growth more than green light in an enclosed environment. Twenty-five percent green light could substitute for the same percentage of blue light without affecting fresh weight."

Growing Seedlings Under LEDs: Part Two | Greenhouse Grower
    [​IMG]
    Red and green outperformed red and blue. FL is fluorescent which is what the samsung leds are engineered to replace. That's the lights that are closest to their spectrum.

13. Do the Meizhi 300W (and the rest of that product line), have bloom switch?

If that is really the cost the chinese postal service takes.. Then they are forcing a loss on our local postal service, since they can't operate at such low cost.
    The local postal service won't even even be able to charge their outrageous customs service fee, $26, because the hanger is under $13; I actually feel like taking that deal, just to spite them, because I had to pay the service fee and VAT for my two last packages; both of which were just $15 each.

14. #74 Buzzer777, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    The 300 Meizhi REFLECTOR series has the dual switches ($<$75 USD)..the regular 300 Meizhi does NOT..(<$65)..the xtra money is well spent since the reflectors have better LED spectrum and lenses too.

IDK what to say about the VAT etc..I was just showing you how/where to get the hangers cheaply ..you could always just use a few small pulleys (optional) hooks, and clothes line and accomplish the same thing..The YoYos are much more convenient of course..During Flower stretch..some plants grow 4+ inches in a day..causing us to move the lights daily or even more.

15. I am not entirely sure I understand this.
    I've read that we want to use blue light doing veg, because it mimics the summer light.
    While we use red light doing bloom, because it mimics the fall light.

Doing summer, the plant wants to stay low and spread out, and the blue light is the most useful for this; while doing fall it want to grow tall, and the red light is most useful for this.

So, I don't see why you would need the green?
    Why do you want a height between that of using red only doing veg, and blue only doing veg?

16. The meizhi reflector series is a greats line I got 2 of the 600w and my girls are loving it, I haven't started flower yet so I can't tell you how good they are in flower.

I like meizhi as a company I bought one 600w (277 actual watts each) and it temporarily got lost in the mail. The company quickly sent out another one and now geuss who has two 600w

check out my grow journal
    Crown Royal/ 30 bag seed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flowering is AOK..This was a Nitro Lemon Haze..flowered under a Meizhi 450..(I have like 3 of them and a 300 reflector)..great for the $$..As was said above..CS is beyond belief!!
    I also own a few higher end LEDs..no problem flowering under the Meizhi;)
    Got 4.75 ounces dried bud and tons of trim/larf too.
    12-02-17 NHL.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm not trying to drown your help with bad arguments, just trying to make some light conversation. Really appreciate all the help I am receiving.

Pretty much made up mind at this point. Already ordered the vent / filter. Most likely going to order a Meizhi in a few days, unless I find some other similarly speced led, but at a fraction of the price.

Then all I need to do, is wait for the housing inspector to come by and make an appraisal, and then I can setup my grow room. :)

19. No worries ..happy to help..You will love your setup as will your plants..!
    And the only way we all can learn is to chat among ourselves!!

growing.gif growing.gif

20. Forgot to mention a little touch Meizhi threw in..I actually got a Holiday Greeting card from them..automated or not..Nice touch by Meizhi!!

• Like Like x 1