Budget grow, looking for feedback on light and whether I am setting myself up to get caught.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheQuibbler, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Problem is, I don't have the full $200 for lights. I estimate $90 for the other items I need, so I have $110 for lights.

The LED lights, MEIZHI 300W, that Buzzer777 recommended, only costs $80 so stay inside my budget for lights. There is also VIPARSPECTRA 300W for $85, or the Mars 300W for $80.

I am just a little worried about the amount of space that is left for the plant to grow when using a 300W led in a 2m closet.

2. Forget worrying about lights or costs or size because when 1 plant goes into full flower, u won't believe how bad that whole place and front door area is gonna smell like weed. Ona isnt gonna take care of it either. Ona is good for smells but not like covering the entire smell from 1 plant in a flat. If u do it. Good luck and keep us posted. Is the risk worth it?

3. The mars eco 49 is much preferred to the old mars300. It's a much better light for around the same price. A 300w led if it's the brands you're speaking of can bloom a 2x1.5ft space well. 2x2 is a little of a stretch but it can be done.

4. You'll absolutely need an exhaust fan directed to outside and a carbon filter. The exhaust fan will have to run 24hrs. That's the only way it could possibly work but honestly if I was in an apt in an illegal area I would never attempt it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I’d check craigslist, Amazon and 2nd hand stores you’d be surprised how everyday stuff can be used to grow. My set up cost me around 250$. But the thing I got 1st was a carbon filter it’s a must no matter how big your plant is in flower. Not trying to make ya nervous but take your time and do it right for piece of mind. Took me 2 months to get my set up didn’t rush anything.

6. So, was checking around a little bit, managed to find a 6" carbon filter called VIPER PREMIUM for half what i would pay locally. But I am having trouble finding a matching exhaust vent that cost less than $130.

btw, do I have to lead the air outside?
    I air out my room regularly, so if I had a carbon filter, couldn't I just exhaust it back into my room?

7. You can build a covert window vent or make a hole in the attic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can get by with a really small exhaust fan if you're only running a mars eco 49. One of those 6" duct booster fans would probably be enough.

9. I exhaust back into my room n keep the bedroom door open my box runs between 77*and 82*.if your planning on running cfls you don’t want a huge carbon filter a 4 inch fan will do ya just fine in a small space. Mine is 190 cfm with bends in ducting I’m prob moving 150 cfm. I keep mine on the lowest setting as well

10. For me the cheapest way to go would be a 400w dimmable hid system. As that is the only setup that you can get for right at 100 bucks, bulb included, and its the only setup in that price range that will grow you a few plants that will be worth growing. Seriously, anything 300w(s) in the led world will only get you at the maximum of 100 tdw, which realistically isn't even enough to flower a single plant. I mean, sure, you might grow a plant that will kick-out 1 to 2 zips of fluffy bud with that 300 watter, but that still is only going to happen if you got everything else dialed in. As for the chance of getting caught... there is always that chance, but the chance of that happening becomes almost nil if you don't tell anyone what you are doing. As for getting busted for someone detecting the smell coming from your space, you can also eliminate that with even the cheapest of CF's, and also grow strains that won't go smelling up the entire neighborhood!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Got the same meizhis and added a mars couple days ago... since then my buds been taking off!! Even with nute problems

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you end up getting a blurple know that the plant can get pretty damn close to it without much harm being done. I ran a mars 300 my first grow and had tops that were like 2 inches away from the light lol. They had very minimal bleaching was just a few pistils that were white after the cure. Good lights for the price and very low heat and a very good beginner light. Gonna do much better then a cfl when it comes to flower. Just make sure you hide the light well, nothing sais your growing more then a purple light running 18 hours a day lol.

No experience with ona gel but I think theyre more of an emergency cover up if someone bout to show up at the crib unexpectedly. Honestly you are better off waiting for more cash to grab a 4" carbon filter and fan. You can get em as a package on Amazon for around 100$ or cheaper for an ipower or another cheap brand and they work fine.

Sucks to have to hide this shit but that's the world we live in til society gets they head out their ass.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Must admit..It is nice in a legal state..I vent into the house in the winter (good for heat:rolleyes:) and directly out a window in later spring/summer..NO carbon filter here..I love the stink.LOL

PS: If you use ONA..Keep it away from all buds..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well it must be nice lol I love the smell too but unfortunately gotta hide it from every living human being haha

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'd love to just dump my exhaust air back into the house instead of outside in the winter. It smells so skunky though. My clothes would end up reeking. If there's not a good breeze I can smell it pretty strong in my back yard. I can't imagine having it that strong when you open the front door.

16. You should really consider what killset stated. In someone elses property can equal easy discovery high liability as far if you cause damage high risk of more severe legal punishment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I will still be considering what to do over the next couple of days.

But I might order this exhaust vent / filer: Hydroponic Fox Carbon Filter Inline Extractor Fan Kit 100mm 4" Grow Complete Set | eBay

And then go for some LEDS lights, where I haven't made a choice between:
    • Meihzi 300W
    • Viparspectra 300W
    • Mars 300W
    • Mars Eco 49
    These four LED kits all seem to have about the same amount of lights, and wattage.
    They are all about 100-135watt.

If I want to be able to grow two plants at a time, should I get the 450W version of the above product lines? which all seem to have an actual wattage of 200.

18. yes

19. still right around harvest say the last weekish, I can smell my garden a little in the house. THink its time for a new carbon filter but don't want to spend the $ and the hassle of changing it out b/c its in the attic. will try to get this last grow under my belt then I will have to do it. If I get the umph I might do it before the switch this go.

20. One of the big differences you'll see in that list is when was the light released. The mars 300w is from like 2013-14. The vipar and meizhi are maybe 2014-2015. The mars eco 49 just came out a few months ago. Even the Chinese led market of what is available for these companies to build with has gotten a lot better in the last two years. Mars learned a lot from the 300w and the eco 49 is made to replace it. It's from Nov 2017.

• Like Like x 1