Buddy!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 420jester, Nov 16, 2008.

1. :eek:My lil' buddy's dyin
    u gotta help me.
    so here's his hitory: he's about 4-5 weeks in. Didn't grow very much, but got himself quite a couple little leaves. It started turning bad when the soil started geting moldy, and smelled like shit. So i transplanted it, same soil. Then the same thing happened, and flies started gettin in it. so now i transplanted it in whole foods recycled soil, freshly bought, seemed like good quality. I added rose fertilizer 10 8 10 npk, with magnesium, iron and all that stuff in the water. And recently added hydrogen peroxide (one cap) straight out the bottle (it was already diluted). My container has holes under for evac.
    My plant looks sick, it has yellowing and spots that are beige and brown. Leaves are curling up. U cant c in the picture but the leaves are also darkening. here is 1 pic:
    1115081743.jpg
    please let me know wat's wrong with my plant.:(

2. Poor lil guy....almost brings a tear to my eye ;p

Umm...sounds like you may have several problems.

If your soil is getting moldy...you probably are keeping it too wet. That could lead to root rot or maybe damping off but I don't think damping off at this age I think it mostly affects younger root systems. How often do you water? The soil should feel dry on the top inch before you water again. And don't saturate when you water...just moisten the soil.

The size of the plant makes me think you have had problems for a while...he is far too small for 4-5 weeks. This also kind of points to an unhealthy root system to me.

Did you add a cap of peroxide directly to the soil??? That's far too strong. You should mix 3% hydrogen peroxide further with water in a 2 tsp to 1 gallon ratio. It needs to be far more watered down than the way it comes. You should mix in a tsp or two with a gallon of water before you water with it. You might want to mix it up in smaller batches so it doesn't decay and you can get a more accurate measurement. Maybe 1/4 tsp per pint and then water with the pint.

Also...at this small size you should be using maybe 1/4 to 1/2 strength fert solution...prolly closer to 1/4 for now til we can see him starting to perk back up.

If you transplant him again...get some perlite to mix in with the new soil. It helps keep it aerated. Also check the root system if you can...how big is it? What color is it? It should be healthy and white looking. Brown or discolored can be nute burn (unlikely considering symptoms) or more likely root rot.

Best of luck

o/
    Tieme

3. looks like nute burn, overwatering and lack of light to me

poor little thing :(

4. this poor little gal needs some tlc.. and the above!