Buddy wanted me to ID some items, Said hed give me a few.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrismittty, Nov 9, 2012.

1. So my buddy found some coins, like 20 of em for like a buck each, but he didn't know what they were and knew I likely would....Said he wanted me to check up on em and he'd give me a few for researching them...Well I expressed interest in the compromise...I did recognize the coins, and knew what they were worth, but I researched em for like 30 min and their value is yea, about 15 each or so any given day.....Soo he says "thanks, I gotta bounce" and to hit him up if I want any, 15 each, and leaves.....

Wow...Never been slapped in the face that hard by the "Lemme use ya, and dip" hand....what the fuck was that shit?

I am not a greedy bastard am I? I expected like 1 or 2 max after he said hed give me some:eek:

2. #2 thewarden, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    No, you aren't, especially cause he said he would give you some form of payment for doing the research.

I mean even if there wasn't agreement beforehand, I'd still throw my friend a few just for helping me out. Guy sounds either oblivious as fuck or just greedy. I mean if he got 20 and they're $15 a piece, he's sitting on $300, $280 if you subtract the cost of purchasing the coins. If I had a completely legal way to turn $20 into $300, I'd sure as hell throw my friend like $50 for helping me out (considering you were vital to this situation)

Selling them isn't gonna be easy though and you seem to have some degree of knowledge on coins/their pricing- you should totally ask for some cash or a meal or some bud or something in exchange for helping him sell them

3. Wow that is fucked up. I would seriously consider calling that person a "friend" if someone pulled a stunt on me like that. Not so much that 2 coins are like $30 or whatever but for the blatant disrespect and for pretty much just using you.... AND letting you know he did so.

4. That was pretty ignorant of him. He used your knowledge with a promise of payment. Hell the value isn't even that important, it was his knowing you appreciate coins and taking advantage. :smoke:

5. Money will make you find out who your friends really are. Sad!

6. At least it only cost you 30 minutes of your time to find out where this friend stood. Couldve been worse.

7. #7 Chrismittty, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    Thanks for all the input guys, yeah you can sure weed them out fast eh?

I got to thinking he might have stolen them, and in that case, It could ruin me at this point, just getting on my feet, to resell stolen precious metals.

8. lmao at the tags

jews and coins

slap yo face

daaaaamn

But yeah, now you know what the coins and him are worth. :cool:

9. #9 letsmokeasweet, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    yea coins can be a hidden tresure. exp some from the ww2 era

one time i was buying some cigars and i noticed a pile of coins in the cardboard borders sitting on the counter and i asked the lady about them. she told me one of her regulars came in and paid for his beer with them. so i asked her if i can buy them from her. so i paid 10$ for $10 worth of coins.....did my research and i found out that they were worth over $500.

10. Hes not your buddy OP, hes using you as an appraiser.

11. he is a hustler. never trust a hustler. never belevae what they say.