buddy Responds To Text Then Doesnt

Discussion in 'General' started by TheCruz831, May 26, 2014.

1. "Buddy" is in ''s (not ""s) because it's not enough for "s, but a little bit more than nothing. Suspicion-wise or whatever... Nevermind.
    Anyways... I texted this dude that I've been friends with for a while and greeted with an average "hello" type of message. Much less formal of course. He responds and says what's up, and I ask him if he wants to kick it and get drunk and stuff later on. Then he doesn't text back.
    I've spent time with him in weeks past and everything, that's just how he is to everyone. Lazy as shit when it comes to texting. Or he feels empowered when he doesn't respond. I don't know.
    Do I text him again? If he actually didn't see the text, that would either alert him or he still won't see it. If he already saw it and chose not to respond, I'm making myself look like a fool. Then I'm relying on him to occupy some of my time, and reliance is, or appears to be at least, one of the greatest weaknesses.
    If I did, do I call him a stupid motherfucker? I'm just spitballin here. I actually don't know why I spent more than 10 seconds thinking about this from the start... I just got high and it happened. No judgement or questioning of the cage of my dignity. I won't have it.
    Matter of fact, fock it.

...but I can't leave a thread without a productive purpose and unnecessary focus has genuinely instilled in this situation complexity and in me interest.
    Thoughts?

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

2. #2 aToker, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    Dude don't even trip he's just busy with something else - don't overthink it :)

I do agree with you it's annoying when people don't respond and shit.

3. Let it go and make other plans... 

Either he's busy, doesn't want to hang out later, or doesn't know whether he's down for that yet so he hasn't responded. Or maybe he just doesn't like you, who knows.

You're overanalyzing though, let it go man 

4. Here in my part of the States we call that 'Faking' .  Basically he doesn't want to chill.  Another way a person can fake is if we have mutual plans and they don't show up, don't answer their phone, or cancel due to a BS reason.

< DMV ( D.C., Maryland, Virginia ) Slang for you >

5. Wait a day and then text him one more time asking what happened. If he doesnt reply within that day then hes a pussy and cant say i dont feel like hanging out

6. The only people you should want in your life are the ones who try to be apart of it . Don't get butthurt af , instead just don't hit him up . On the D low do you like him or something ?

🌹

7. Maybe he's not interested? Maybe he's genuinely busy? Who really knows. You don't have to wait for him though.

[​IMG]

8. Sometimes you read a text message and forget to respond...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Nah it just means he doesn't wanna chill, doesn't necessarily have a reason, maybe just doesn't feel like it, and can't think of a way to word it nicely. I know because I do this sometimes.

10. u gay???? wtf get on with ur life

11. Dude is probably busy with other things

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

12. lolol, let it go man. 

13. #13 TheWhiteLighter, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    Wow..... Before texting we used to call people and if they didn't answer that was that.

Send a text expect a reply? Simply silly.

He likely decided that what ever you wanted to do he just didn't want to.

Maybe he thinks you're "gay" for him? Nothing wrong with that but he may be uncomfortable with it.

14. You got me. I'm coocoo for nuts.
    Just joking, I'm very far from it.
    I didnt mean to come off as butthurt or anything (I was aware at the time that that's how it sounded but I didn't really care). I'm actually not the type to get butthurt or anything, if someone has a problem with me, I feel bad for them for being stupid. I'm the coolest and most respectable dude they'll ever meet, so they really are missing out. Suckers!

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

15. holy fuck man stop worrying and just live. youre on the internet asking advice about how or if you should text somebody because you think it could make you look stupid

16. you sound super butthurt

17. Call him lol. That's kind of what phones are for. You'll get everything you want to know in less than two minutes.

18. Maybe he's had to be around people a lot and just wants to chill by himself so maybe he thinks it would be better to just not reply instead of replying and saying "Nah, i don't really feel like being around you today bro". Just because someone doesn't feel like hanging out doesn't mean they don't like you or anything. 

But yeah, just let it go for now, make other plans, not much you can do if someone doesn't reply except ask him more or move on.

19. Your first sentence confused the fuck out of my brain.

20. now that I thinking about it I do what your friend did to you all the time... lol I like to be alone though.