Budding sites arent producing pustils help

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by calioutdoor, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Hey whats up everybody i have an outdoor grow going and on a few of my plants only on parts of the plant the new budding sites are brown. Does anybody know what it could be. Its not the entire plant only parts of it and its on 3 different plants same strain. I have them in the ground and i have been feeding them once a week. They barely started to kick into flowering. Could it be mold? Cal def? Sulfur def? Should i stop using a carbon water filter? First tume ever using it Its called garden pure pro. Its about 90-100 during day around 80 at night.. They probably going into their 2nd week of flower. The pic posted was the best image i could get since the sites are so small. Theclast image is from a leaf off of the plant thats giving me the most problems coukd the 2 be tied together? If so what? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H634 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If your not spraying for caterpillars it's likely that's the trouble. Pull the brown part and see if it comes off then look hard for the green wiggling caterpillar.
    [​IMG]
    I start spraying BT the day they get set out and I don't stop till harvest. Weekly without fail.
    BNW
    [​IMG]
    Lost the whole top off this one
    [​IMG]
    Under each sun dried bit there will be a fat caterpillar.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ive been spraying monterey bt about once every 2 weeks. I put 3 tsp. To gallon pump sprayer spray about 3 plants and so on till my crop is completely sprayed.

4. I don't think that's frequently enough. You should spray it at least once a week.

5. Ok will do. Thank you for your input i appreciate it

6. Will Spinosad work for these caterpillars?

I know most folks seem to use the BT...

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bt has worked great against caterpillars for me. My petunias were getting decimated by caterpillars earlier this summer. Started spraying Bt weekly, no damage whatsoever now. I now mix it into my neem/aloe/silica spray. I don't use Spinosad because I don't want to risk harming any local bees!

• Like Like x 1
  8. @jerry111165
    Spinosad is a broad range killer affecting not just Caterpillars and bees but my carefully placed Praying Mantis cases and the adults so I refrain from using it except in the veg shed where conditions are crowded and the risk to the rest of the yard is low if I have an outbreak of something like the white flies last year.
    We love BT for it's very narrow range of kill being effective only in the bellies of caterpillars. They have to chow some treated material down to get a dose.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. I don't deal with the caterpillar sue here in the far Northeast like you do. I was agreeing that the BT is a better option than the Spinosad because I've seen so many of you folks that do have the issues with the "bud worms" using BT and having great results using it.

Sometimes my fingers don't type what my brain means lol

J

• Like Like x 2
  10. @jerry111165
    I got your drift both ways and replied both for you and the great unseen masses that do still visit and read the forum.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4