Bud worms help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jamesforest94, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Hello blades, I need some advice on a situation. I am 7 1/2 weeks into flower on some bagseed. I go over each of my plants daily and today I happened to stumble into some tiny white worms. Though I didn't find many I can only assume there will be more. My question is should I let my girl finish the last week or two it's got or should I just chop her? I don't know what kinda damage they can do my girl looks just about done but I wanna give it the max time to plump up and trich out.
    Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. @Jamesforest94
    If it's caterpillars the fix is easy enough.. BT applied every week in flower.. It's usually an outside issue and you've posted in the indoor section but the fix would be the same if you've let a moth or 2 into an inside grow.. Each moth can lay 500 eggs so it adds up fast..

Bacillus Thuringiensis
    [​IMG]
    A very short lived biological not a chemical poison.. I use it every week outside without fail or the catties will decimate my crop..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP - @BrassNwood gave you the best advice you're going to get - so get on it.

Always remember to spray anything at lights out or sundown but be careful with flowers staying wet too long. Mold isn't fun either.

J

4. yeah i dont have any mold yet im at the end and its not humid where i live RH is 20 max but i fully intend on picking some of this up i get paid at the end of the week so i hate doing it but i gotta wait a day or two. Besides that everything is pretty good in there I had a bad temp problem and my indica couldnt get enough of it. sativia was not about any of that heat we had though. When i apply i can only assume i might have 2 weeks left max one week at least. should i apply for a few days then switch to R/O water to clean it off the bud?

5. Get some "Seven Dust" and sprinkle on your plants. It will kill the worms immediately and they'll fall off. You can always gently rinse the plant when you harvest it. Be sure and treat it immediately because those are most likely caterpillar larvae and you're in for a bad ride if you don't. But that stuff works like magic. TWW

6. Thank you guys I'll defiantly treat it ASAP before my harvest sucks to see those little fuckers on my lady's but I've read it's fairly common.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. TWW..
    Sevin Dust is a contact killer of the chemical family Carbaryl..
    Kills 65+ odd types of insects.. Kind of a thermonuclear mass area weapon.. Not something I want on my inhaled or ingested product..
    BT only works in the guts of a very narrow range of caterpillars and they have to eat a section of sprayed plant to get it into their system.. A far more friendly tool as it's very selective.. Most of the common insecticides and fungicides are unsuitable for use on an inhaled product..
    I did a ton of reading before applying anything to my plants but I'd already lost the best part of my first good grow to caterpillars and I knew I had to use something.. BT was what all the big Nor Cal growers who once frequented Grass City used so that was my original choice and has remained my mainstay tool against the ever present caterpillars here..
    Green Cure is the other weekly spray against Powdery Mildew..
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  8. If growing outdoors it best to spray buds in early morning so they don't get burnt but everything can evaporate. Unlike doing so at night could stay in buds and cause rot or PW. Just my .02

9. OP, whatever you do please don't use Sevin Dust on your plants. I sincerely hope you haven't already. This stuff is poison - it will stick to your nugs and you will never be able to "always gently rinse the plant" and get it all off. You will end up smoking poison.

Use @BrassNwood advice on the BT. It is safe to use.

Man, there is always such excellent advice on the Internet... Sheesh.

J

10. Isn't there 2 types of bt? BTI and BTK I may be wrong but I think only 1 of the 2 works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Brass do you spray right up to harvest?
    Or stop 2 weeks or so before ?
    Thank You

12. Btk (var. kurstakii) is used to control:

Btk (var. kurstakii) application
    Cabbage worm (cabbage looper, imported cabbageworm, diamondback moth, etc.).Tomato and tobacco hornworm. European corn borer (granular formulations). Alfalfa caterpillar, alfalfa webworm. Leafroller. Achemon sphinx. Tent caterpillar. Fall webworm. Leafroller. Red-humped caterpillar. Spiny elm caterpillar. Western spruce budworm. Pine budworm. Pine butterfly.Gypsy moth

13. Bti (Bt var. israeliensis) is used to control: Bti (Bt var. israeliensis) application
    MosquitosBlack flies (moving-water breeding black flies in genus Simulium, whose adult females feed on mammals, not just any black colored flies)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you
    No rising before harvest?

15. BT is harmless to humans....not saying I would chug it to find out...lol

So there is no need to rinse.

• Like Like x 1
  16. honestly i was gonna go out and get everything i could to treat it then i was kinda like screw it. im just gonna harvest at the end of the week. sounds gross but i dont think these are the bud worms they are tiny as hell cant be seen without a magnifying glass and ive just been picking them off when i pull my girl out of the tent. Ive been giving my two days of full night cycles for my trichs or resins but other then that id rather have a few little worms then add any chems to my girl. Im sure i've smoked plenty of bud thats been sprayed or had bugs in it so im not too concerned this sunday or monday i'm going to harvest out. I just had surgery will be down for 4 weeks so ill have time to pick and pick away at any critters that pop out durring the drying and cureing time.

17. oh and this is an indoor grow for anyone wondering. im assuming a moth got in the tent while i was sleeping. I have my night and day cycle flipped for heat and stealth reasons. 3 weeks ago i was dealing with temps up to 98 and my indica was loving it for some odd reason, But my two bubblegum hybrid sativa dominates have hated it ive already lost one due to heat and space (damn those sativas just keep growing like crazy!) im trying to save my last bubblegum left for surgery to come back to a fully sagged downleaf plant, looked like over watering to me but im not entirely sure hopfully it makes it.

18. I've used captain jack or spinosad for thrips and caterpillar issues. I'd recommend the concentrate bottle not the rtu (ready to use) one.

Attached Files:

• 252.png
      252.png
      File size:
      298.2 KB
      Views: