Bud support

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rollerboy2323, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ok.. soo my plants not high stress trained at all really.. just a big of end of veg LST..
    Its my first grow.. and im into flowering week 1.. and noticing alot of growth on every branch.. especially length..
    I was just wondering.. will these branches thicken .. if not.. does anyone have any suggestions for best way to support them for when buds start forming on them.. its a bit late for a net trellis.. soo was wondering of any other efficient ways to prevent branches snapping or falling over.. or if theres any nutrient i can give this late to quickly thicken for the next few weeks of bud developement about to occur thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Random question but any pistils?

3. Yes quite a few now.. pretty much every crevice

4. Its not to late for a trellis net ... your not using it as a scrog but for support instead. If your in week 1 of flower then you still have 2 more weeks of strectching , your plants will just about double in size during this time. The trellis will support the buds some what and the long branches . Then when the buds swell up. Use either plant yoyos or string and tie them up. Vivosun for about 10 bucks you get 12 plant yoyos and can support those fat buds

5. Do any big chains sell plant yoyos.. the mail here is totally screwed.. i ordered a ph tester 3 and a half weeks ago w no results.. so i really depend on in store purchases rn...
    Im in northeast us..
    And yah ive been basically lsting my plant into a circle LOL it looks like 2 spiral staircases now haha..

6. oh btw.. my lights are on at night.. ill take pics to show you what to expect pistil wise at day 5.. its honestly not much just a bit longer pistils from what i see .. these plants were already preflowering for a couple weeks before i put em in flowering though.. just more obvious now is all..
    Im waiting for them to flower up at the tops now haha.. never seen a cannabis plant truely flower soo idk what to expect even.. like do the flowers push up off the tops.. for the buds.. or does the entire branch slowly fill in at the leaf connection points and swell up until it all connects?

7. A trick I’ve always used is to barely pinch the stems where you hear a small crunch but not a break. It’ll grow back into a very strong knot that’ll support the biggest of buds. Used this trick outdoors to protect our crops from wind damage (coastal windy area really made a need for strong stems).

Those metal garden stakes with the circle at the top of them work real well too. They generally don’t rust and you can adjust their height by putting more or less into the soil