Bud smells like fertilizer.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Satchmo, Jan 31, 2008.

1. The plant I have was slightly overfertilized it's in about the 4th week of flower and the bud smells like fertilizer. I have since stopped giving it fertilizer, my question is will the chemical smell stay or after the plant uses all the fertilizer the bud will smell fine. I'm using flora nove bloom and I'm growing in soil if that makes a difference.

2. That's what flushing is for. :)

3. The plant is not that bad, only the tips of the leaves have burned, do you think I should still flush the plant.

4. Bump... anyone else have any input on this

5. I am not sure how accurate this is, however I have heard the curing process helps to break down any nutes still left, however flushing is always a good option, this will make the drying process longer depending on when you do it.

6. Definetly flush out the plant. usually the last 2 weeks before cutting down you just give it all natural water to get rid of those chemicals and remove it from the buds! just my opinion..

7. Alright, thanks guys I will flush it.

8. and dont water for the last 4-5 days, it'll help with drying and curing as well.

9. You could also use a flushing solution with your water like Final Phase or Clearex. These additives assist the plant in removing nutrients and salt in plant.

10. What would you guys say is a good fertilizing regiem so I don't end up burning plants in future grows.