Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bud size

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by headbucket, Jul 3, 2010.

1. So I just picked up a quarter of some super dank (powerplant) and the entire quarter was simply two giant buds. I love this! I told the guy I was getting it from that I appreciate the large buds and he said he would rather have a quarter with several smaller buds instead of large ones. Now, I understand that people will have different preferences, but I always assumed the larger buds contained more THC/mass. I would also argue that you will get less leafy material with large buds (at least from my own experience). My friend argued that buds are most potent at the tip, so having more tips means more THC. So my question is this:

Which has more THC for your $, a quarter of two large buds or a quarter of many small buds?

2. bigger buds may have bigger/heavier stems which don't weigh out to much, but it adds a little bit.

smaller ones will have smaller stems most likely, so maybe they wouldn't weigh down a bag as much..

I don't really care about the size of my nugs, because it's not like a stem is gonna weigh down the bag a whole lot. Not sure about the question you're asking though..it probably doesn't make a difference

3. Good question.. ill get back to ya :)

4. i like small buds cause i just throw em all in the grinder without having to worry about stems n such and tings of dat sort

5. The reason there is more thc at the tip of nugs is because of how they are dried. I read this in the high times book. But i think most smaller nugs were originally part of larger nugs, at least most of them.

I like a nice mix myself

6. Big buds=Big stems.
    Big stems=less weed.

7. i have never had a stem really account for much weight. especially with good weed that has been dried properly, the stems usually weigh next to nothing. so although my large buds do have a large stem though the center, i still think the bigger buds are the better deal... more opinions or prefs??

8. Depends on the weed. If it's a big nug of mids, then its gonna be alot of thick stem. But, with dank, i'd prefer the big nugs.

9. ill take a big nug of any weed any day lol

10. Well, if it's mids, it's most likely a bunch of small stemmy nugs smashed together into a piece of weed being called a nug.

11. I dunno...I have picked up quarters before that were just 1 whole nug and when all the bud was off, I was left with one pretty big stem. I weighed it out and it was like .3 so stems do weigh a little bit. I also usually just throw those stems into a bag for brownies or whatever later on and every couple of months when I weigh that bag, I have like a quarter or so of stems so that right there is a whole quarter of just stems that I paid for. When I have little nugs I can just throw those puppies in the grinder and smoke everything I grind up, no stem to pull out because they are so small it really makes no difference.

12. wow, a whole quarter of stems?? when you put it like that, i can understand not wanting to spend money on stems. i have weighed the stem for a 3.5g nug, and it didn't even register on my scale. still, the big buds just look so beautiful on the inside.

13. Take big buds apart.
    Regular buds.
    Take regular buds apart.
    Small buds.
    Smoke.
    High.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. the bigger the bud, the hevier the stem.

15. I like medium sized buds. Anything over half ounce in bud size, the stem will be too heavy. Smaller buds are knocked around so much they probably pick up a lot of dust/lose alot of THC. just MO though.

16. dude i agree with you. the bigger the nug the better. i love gettin eighths that are just one nug

17. #17 kayjaykjt, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    Big Buds :)

[​IMG]

18. I like big buds i just got a nine gram nug its sick

19. If I had my choice, I would pick a smaller nug. No matter how beautiful a big fattie is, it would be harder to transport without damaging.

20. big buds all the way i really like compact nugs too i scaled out a nug the other day that for sure was a gram it turned out to be 2! i find smaller nugs to be more compact tho