Bud size small need help.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by buickboy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I thinking getting close to being done its been long process! I want get some input seems like my plant is kinda small for being almost done is something wrong with my plant? Ph my water 6.5 and using techflora starter kit.

Attached Files:

2. How long have they been on 12-12 light cycle and are they a sativa or indica strain?

3. [quote name='"deman81k"']How long have they been on 12-12 light cycle and are they a sativa or indica strain?[/quote]

looks like a sativa and does not look ready to harvest.

4. This is my first time so I using random seed. Think off top my head been flowering for bit a little over 2 months .I have seeds from attuide but I wanted see if I could do this first.

5. like deman81k noted....it's hard to comment when you haven't provided us with info on the flowering cycle. if it's a indica dominant strain (ie: kushes, etc) then it needs about 8 weeks of flowering, and for those sativa dominant strains (ie: hazes, etc) you are looking at around 10 weeks of flowering -- give or take a week or two. from the pictures it looks like you are no where close to done....remember lights+nutes=big buds.

6. (A) They don't look ready from what I see in the pics
    (B) They are lacking either light or nutes (or both) for the buds to be so small at this stage
    (C) See attached pic of buds on my last crop at 5 weeks into bud (colas average 9" in height). I harvested at exactly 6 weeks

Attached Files:

• buds.JPG
      buds.JPG
      File size:
      248.7 KB
      Views:
  7. Just so every one knows I using 400w Hps and nutrients I fallowing the Techflora recipe with there line of nutrients.

8. #8 1sttimegrower, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    Possible nute burn/lockout or wrong ratio fed. Looks light deficient, but if your running 400 watts that seems unlikely. How far above the plant is the light?

Try flushing and feeding half strength at what you were doing; what are the numbers your feeding?

9. How would I flush it with out taking it out? Cause it way over grown hate to break a branch taking it out.

10. Just water lots of water; take this as a learning experience for your next grow - always have the capability to flush. Either have a flood tray in there, or a personal tray for the plant (might not be enough volume) or simply use the bottom tent tray that most tents have (If you do this, you're going to have some work wiping up afterwards; I've done it, it sucks. If you don't wipe up the standing water you'll get issues. Flushing indoors without a drain tray blows)

After you flush make sure there is no standing water in the tent.

11. Ok I will try that .Make sure I have this right if I have 5 gallon bucket need flush with 5 gallons water correct?

12. I dunno; it depends on soil type and current moisture level. What I'd do is water slowly with distilled water/RO until run-off starts to come out (When I say slowly, I mean let a little stream out, come back to it in 5 minutes, water it some more, wait, repeat.) and then let another half gallon per gallon of the pot size through. Don't just flood all the water at once though; alot will just run off through the sides, down, and out. You won't get the benefits of a flush and will have the bitching labor of cleaning up. Be sure to saturate your soil, and then afterwards with the real flush I'd still only do a gallon at a time in 5 gallons of soil, wait 10 seconds, continue.

If your soil isn't aerated well, be sure to have fans in there to help dry the soil; you don't want your plants stressed from any over-watering.

13. Very helpful then I replenish with half strength nutrients?

14. #14 SapperBMET, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    To be honest it looks like the White Widow that I have in Flower right now. I flipped on 12/20/11. And if she is anything like the widow I have.... well.... 12-15 weeks.... I'm in week nine (tomorrow) and I look about like your pics.

Give her another month of light.

How far from the top of plant to bottom of reflector?

15. [quote name='"SapperBMET"']To be honest it looks like the White Widow that I have in Flower right now. I flipped on 12/20/11. And if she is anything like the widow I have.... well.... 12-15 weeks.... I'm in week nine (tomorrow) and I look about like your pics.

Give her another month of light.

How far from the top of plant to bottom of reflector?[/quote]

It preety tight little over grown I had trim lot for it fit I learned allot . So your thinking another month ? Wow just having hard time visually picture it going from what I have now bunch white hair to actually seeing the bud ! When will I start to see that? Right now hairs are turning from white too orange and smell starting get strong.

16. Afternoon bump.

17. Route another source fresh air instead getting it from the house I started pumping fresh air from outside . Between that and running Ph water threw seen some new growth .

18. [quote name='"buickboy"']Route another source fresh air instead getting it from the house I started pumping fresh air from outside . Between that and running Ph water threw seen some new growth .[/quote]

Good call. Once the temps come up you will have to modify...but ...

What is your current room temp?

19. #19 buickboy, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    Well I have no problems with temperature with light on at 72 or 75 deg now when light is off it get little cold at 66 deg.

20. [quote name='"buickboy"']Well I have no problems with temperature with light on at 72 or 75 deg now when light is off it get little cold at 66 deg.[/quote]

Glad to hear your temps are good. Something about your house draw that was affecting the plants?

I am running an outside air inlet. I am still running up to 84f with the lights on. (Time to cut off some of the MH; I am running 1600w MH on top of 1000w HPS....) I will be cutting off two of the 400s and just deliver 800w MH with 1000 HPS. If executed correctly I can place 800 MH into a vegroom.