Bud Rot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by keylime, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Seems I picked up some bud rot in a few of the girls...
    I believe it stems from a time when we had some record high temps, and it was also very humid.

Thank God the weather has cooled, and I have a dehumidifier running 24/7. I have read about a product called "Bud Rot Not", but I believe its only available in the UK. Anyone have a suggestion of what I need to do so it does not spread?

keylime

2. Do you have a fan on them and good ventilation?

3. The best thing before it happens is prevention, one good example for this is nem oil, it acts as a fungastat, You could apply it every week or every 2 weeks on the top and underside of the leaves. That should help you prevent it. good luck -syze-

4. been thru this , this year already myself.

and the dehumidifier is the first and best step you can make ( hope it didn't cost too much..mine was on sale )

other then that the Neem is a very good way to keep control of Botrytis...prolly the active ingredient in that bud rot spray.

the fungus will start at the stem and work its way out of the bud, so mostly by the time you see it. the bud is already lost.

and warning ..if you touch an infected plant wash your hands before touching another plant ..or you will transmit the fungus onwards to other plants...a good clean/disinfectant of your room will most certainly be in order ( if you have not already )

it would seem your on top of this, but to make it very simple : Lower humidity is your best bet , and after that the Neem.

peace and good luck

5. Thanks you guys..... never ran into it before, and I've read about, now I've experienced, and I hope it will go away FAST :wave:

keylime

6. It wont go away, you must remove all of it and if there are fans blowing the spores about you will have a hell of a time.

Chop out the rot and you might be ok.