Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bud Quality - Question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bobo88, Jan 11, 2008.

1. So I've heard many many different names for weed over the years, usually signifying the type of quality.

These names, or nicknames, range from dank, dro (hydro), chronic, midis, reggos, schwag... etc. I think you all get the picture.

Anyway, my question is this:
    If there were a hierarchy on weed names based on quality, what would it be?

Obviously, each kind or name has different ranges and variables, but I'm looking for more of a generality. What I've come to understand is the following, best to worst.

- Chronic
    - Hydro
    - Headies (medical???)
    - Midis
    - Reggos
    - Schwag

Am I right about this?

2. Ive wondered the same thing before, and another that I would like to know is how can you tell if what your getting is really hydro and not just good reggie or Kind Bud?? How can you tell the differences?

3. I'll post what the answer to this age-old question is once again:

Everyone's slang is different, depending on what area you are from. Around here, chronic and headies both just mean really dank shit. Hydro is short for "hydroponic" which is a method to grow marijuana using water. Middies, or mids, are a decent smoke, sometimes mids can be pretty good looking. Regs are the same as mids. Schwag is another term for brick weed, or just really brown, nasty weed (which is usually from a brick).

Those are my terms, everyone else says it differently.

4. Well thank you for defining those terms. But I'm wondering about quality.

Is hydro better than Chronic generally?

5. its not like there is an assigned quality value to each term.

6. I was defining the quality. Hydro can be anything. "Chronic" is actually a strain, but people use it as a word to describe dank. Someone can sell you "chronic" and it may be brick weed, it just depends on whether or not he's a legit dealer. In other words, words are just words, what matters is what you see. There is no set quality for each slang word.

7. well it all depends once again, ive come across come really good 'dro' that has been better than some of the better strains and the mids:( i currently have are better than some dro i have. Its really all based on how the weed was grown and all that

But you have the right idea, most of the time the Chronic will be better than the dro and the chronic is usually better than the beasters and headies

8. How can u identify beasters and headies?

9. there's thc content of each strain, it varies slightly. hence dank gets you high. at the point you start buying chronic, it should be by strain name, so you know what you're getting.

headies- gets you done with a milk of a bong or two, for a good night, keep going.
    mids/beasters- gets the job done, may not always taste the best.
    shwag- it almost begs to ask why it was picked up.

10. i think medical weed is the best you can get

11. Its easy to identify schwag, but KB, Dro whats the visual differences? How can you tell your not getting ripped off.

12. I break herb down into 3 categories. Shwag (shit) mids (average) and dank (good)

I honestly hate when people refer to shit as hydro or chronic. Because Chronic is an actual strained of herb. And hydro refers to the hydroponic way of growing..

13. thanks man, that helps clear things up.

i know how to tell how good it is when i look at it, but just didn't quite fully understand the quality order when people "talk" about it.

case and point -
    last friday i was chillin with 2 friends of mine. we head over this guy's house for a pickup. he has a ton of this stuff he was saying was hydro selling for $60 a 1/4. he also had a little bit of this stuff he said was chronic selling for $40 a 1/4. i held a nugget of each in my hands and the chron he had looked far superior than the dro.

obviously i bought the 1/4 chronic for $40. i then proceeded to sell 1/8 of it to another guy i know for $40, thus leaving me with a free 1/8 of chronic.

and i didn't even rip this guy off! that shit was dank as hell! lol :cool:

14. Medical herb just means it's sold in a clinic... I can grow any of the shit they sell in clinics. It's all dank herb...like Northern Lights..Kush, White Widow..etc.

15. this i had no idea about. :eek:

16. So basically mids can be schwag or dro?

17. shwag is low quality herb, mids is average. either could be dro if u suck that much at growing. People that grow with a hydro system usually end up with quality product, but that isnt always true. u can very easily have some shwag that was grown with a hydro system (dro) but most shwag is brick weed from mexico. they grow it in huge fields and they dont pick out the males or harvest at the right time, proly dont use nutes or cure it right and proly use a ton of pesticide i really dunno much about it.

18. ya it won 3rd place in the hydro grow for the 1994 cannabis cup, im not sure it it has won anything else. From what i get out of it chronic used to be one of the best strands of herb so naturally people would call good herb chronic. and it just kinda stuck. that was years ago though, now there are hundreds of strands.

19. no, you are incorrect. all this is IMO but close to correct in my book...obviously :hello:

headies- the best

hyrdo has nothing to do with quality, its about how its grown, so take that off your list. where as usually hyrdo produces pretty good bud, its normally because the grower knows what they are doing, i can have a hyrdo set up and fuck the plants up all to hell.

Chronic has two different meanings varying on location

east coast (where im from chronic is known to be dank laced with blow, west coast on the other hand, "generally the dank weed available with no seeds, aka sensimilla.

midis- is just a higher quality grow gone bad or taken less care of than it should have been. perhaps a male popped up and seeded the other plants, or it just had all sorts of deficiencies. just more or less hardly cared for bud

reggie and schwagg are both the same, they are low quality brick weed, fields upon fields are planted and mother nature takes car of them, males all throughout the bunch etc...

these are the qualities of bud round here.

headies/dank/chronic/sensimilla/kine bud.... same thing

beasters, usually dank bud, been handled a lot looks killer, but with no visable trichomes unless on the inner part of the bud

mids not too sure i believe in "mids" but whatever.

reggie/schwagg/brick... same thing