Bud production slow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FunSizeKaZKaZ, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Hello I have two different plants growing right now Gorilla Glue (which is looking really good and am having no problem with buds) and a Grand Daddy Purp plant. I started the Gorilla Glue straight from seed in a 5 gallon and should have done the same for my GDP but I didn't not so unfortunately I had to switch to flower shortly after transplanting into 5 gal cause I was risking the gorilla glue stretching to tall for my current set up because it was much larger already than my GDP so on my GDP plant the nugs are small even the main colas are at about half the size of my GG is this because I transplanted so close to the switch I'm on week 4 of flower and it's seems to have finished it's stretch but the buds are really lacking. Could this also just be because it's the strain? It's not showing any other signs of obvious stress so im not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Some plants are just hardier than others. GDP generally has pretty decent size buds but maybe this one is just a little behind. It is a wonderful smelling strain and well worth time and effort spent. Good luck.

3. #3 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    I've grown probably 4 or more crops of GDP along with vegging plants for years to keep the pheno I have. Different phenotypes can be very different. My particular GDP is the quickest growing plant I have with the thickest stems. It gives you all the impression that it is going to crush the yield by budding faster then any other plant I have. Then suddenly about 6 1/2-7 weeks in flower it just finishes up.

In my experience it's not a big yielding strain because it just matures too fast for it to get that large. My Blue Dream and Crystal plants have almost double the yield but take at least 2-3 weeks longer to mature.

4. So it might just be the pheno i have. It really does smell very good. Just not quite the same production as my GG. Thanks for the replies much appreciated

• Like Like x 2