Bud pictures 8.8 Soil Ph Plants look Healty. Please comment.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Marijuana4life, Dec 12, 2009.

1. a few pictures of the plants, they have been flowering for 20 days, and the small one with bigger buds for 26 days, im havign a really bad ph problem 8.8 ph water runoff, i tried many times to correct the problem but im still having the same problem. should i keep trying or should i just let it grow with that ph. they look healty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. you should keep trying to get it down. you want your ph between 6.3. and 6.8 for soil. that should get your leaves looking greener. everything else looks good.

3. i just recently had to flush my plants the runoff was at a stagering 4.5, all i did was flush each 1.5gallon buket with 3 gallons of 6.8 ph water... everything has been fine ever since. i would recomend the same.... what are you using to test you ph? strips, drops, or pen?

4. i been watering for 2 weeks with 3.8 ph water and i still have a problem well its getting better im at 7.7. im using a pen.

5. wow watering with 3.8 and its coming out at 7.7 what is in that soil mix lol... have you flushed them? to adjust your ph to a normal level, you should adjust your water to 6.5-6.8 and flush each plant till the runoff reads 6.8 it usually takes twice the ammount of water as soil... if you dont get that ph right you will run into alot of problems... Optimal Ph is between 6.2 and 6.8... any higher or lower and your locking out vital nutrients... phosphorus and nitrogen get locked out at 7.5 and 5.5 in soil i believe

6. It doesnt get locked out but it drastically drops to the point where your plant will quickly yellow, ya can see a bit of yellowing in the entire leaves especially on pic #3. Plus if your ph goes too high like that you are allowing dangerous things like ammonium to really start gettin to your plants, its closing the right doors and opening the bad ones.

As they have said flush those plants out with plenty of water (get distilled especially for flushin purposes) at 6.5 PH and run it through at about twice as much water to soil...so those look like what 3 gallons of soil prolly a piece. Put about six gallons through em, just not all at once do it over a period where you arent just flushing away soil...And do you have little soil bags ontop of big ones, its cute. Did that soil come prepackaged like that, just poke holes in the bottom sort of thing? Ya got to be careful if you got a premixed potting soil they could have put some still hot nutrients and compost in there which would def. mess with your ph. But I dont know it all depends on the company of your soil? What is it?

7. i had 3 gallon grow bags and used the top smaller bag to make them into 4 gallon bags, top bag has a ph of 6.2 and the rest of the bag has a ph of 8.8, i been using a lot of water to get them down, its working but very slowly i just order a big bottle of phosphoric acid i hope it works.

8. the soil has about 1lb of garden lime, someone from a diferent website told me to use garden lime on my soil and i fucked up, my soil was already 7.2 + garden lime :mad:

9. Yep thatll do it.

10. yeah you should transfer to some good soil and add 25% perlite... FFOF is a good match or FFLW is a good low nute mix if you like to feed for yourself... but yeah flush aaway

11. my only problem is the ph, my soil is as good or better than ffof. my soil has 40% perlite and i still think it needs more drainage.

12. Flush that silly, you're gonna get some bad tasting stuff with that potassium deficiency. High and low pH isn't necessarily bad for the plant. It's what it does to the chemicals in the water or soil that starves the plant.

13. I will also bet my bottom dollar your soil is better that ff....and I am guessing it wasnt thrity bucks a bag either. Lol. I love how fox farm has convinced people they need 30 dollar peat moss and compost (high in nutrients so beginners end up burning because they bought all their other shit...tiger bloom, open sesame, saturday night fever or whatever other dumb catchy pothead names they give their overpriced garb) to grow weed. You can grow it in clay pellets, you can grow it in perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, coco fiber, dirt, sand, or a mixture of all or none and the plant will grow better if you know what you are doing and it wont cost you anywhere near 30 bucks a bag. I spend less than five and ill do any side by side test with some fox farm soil and ill bet mine is better because the only people that buy ff soils (not their nutes) are people who have skimmed through a high times and thought their colorful pictures with frogs was cute, and they havent grown a raddish in their life let alone herb so they think wow i bet i could stick it in there and pop "open sesame" itll be dank. Nope, as my fortune tells me "I am doomed to a life with a green thumb and a midas touch"...

14. $30 a bag???? where do you live? i get the HUGE bag for just over $15 after taxes... and i was far more impressed with Roots organics soil from my first grow... and i only use Grow big from fox farms ( because of the multiple micro nutrients that alot of others dont have ) other than that i use Canna ( bio boost, rhizotonic ,pk 13-14 ), and organicare cal-mag and sweetner... but i will for sure be making my own organic soil mix for my next crop... im sick of all the pre ferted soils... they have caused me ALOT of problems...

15. i know i hate it, most company's put nutes on all their damn soils.