Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bud losing its smell

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wizkhalifa04, Jan 11, 2012.

1. So I have had some weed which at first had the strongest dankest smell ever. But now after about a week it has lost its smell. Its almost non existent. i havent smoked all week but I plan on smoking the rest this weekend. Does the smell mean its lost its potency as well? is it a storing issue? I put it in a drawer and it is in a ziploc bag. Thanks.

2. you should've put it in a mason jar, something with an airtight seal (ziploc doesnt really work that well >_> )

3. so did it lose its potency from not being in an air tight seal? how much are those jars?

4. well to be honest with you, the only way to find out is to smoke it

5. Even if it lost potency it wouldn't be noticeable...and you're probably still gonna smoke it so just do it haha.

6. I know this is going to sound like a completely alien concept to some people here, and you can take it or leave it....but, believe it or not....
    Smell has no direct relation to how potent weed is.
    I've heard people refer to weed as smelling "SO dank" and, what they were smelling was hydroponically grown weed that had not been flushed or dried properly.
    As well as that, there's products you can put into your feed/water that simply make weed smell better - do you think that weed was any more potent than if they didn't add it? Nope.
    Don't get me wrong, there is some truly delicous smelling weed out there, with scents like fruits, chocolate, even spices...however, they're not always all they're cracked up to be, though sometimes they are.
    On the other hand, I've had weed that's smelt so dirt outdoorsy, that it reminded me of dried lawn clippings at most, and this shit has hit me hard as all fuck.

I get it though, "nice" smelling weed is pleasing - Just thought I'd throw in my take on that.

As for the overall topic, as someone said you'll have to smoke/vape it to find out if it's lost any potency, though I doubt you'll notice a great difference.

For storage, I'd recommend keeping your green in a constant state of cure - Yes, you can do this in a mason jar, but there's more to it than just sticking it in a jar, so look into basic curing.
    This can not only preserve, but enhance the smell of weed I have found.

All the best.

7. this. keep mine in an airtight glass jar

8. is there any foods out there that come in mason jars that I can get for cheap? Mason jars are like 20 bucks at walmart and I cant afford that right now.

9. Buy some pasta sauce at your nearest market, or something to that nature. Any glass jar with an airtight seal will do the job just fine.

10. Corner store bro u get cheap nasty shit.thete but all are in glass jars and air tight.

11. Look for cookie jars at wal-mart...should be near the mason jar section. They work just as well..they're all glass and there's a rubber airtight seal on the lid. Sometimes they also have the jars with the metal latch around the lid and a hinge. These are like $1 or $2. I had the same dillema as you...wanted ONE mason jar, not a dozen :D

12. #12 PanterAtool, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']I know this is going to sound like a completely alien concept to some people here, and you can take it or leave it....but, believe it or not....
    Smell has no direct relation to how potent weed is.
    I've heard people refer to weed as smelling "SO dank" and, what they were smelling was hydroponically grown weed that had not been flushed or dried properly.
    As well as that, there's products you can put into your feed/water that simply make weed smell better - do you think that weed was any more potent than if they didn't add it? Nope.
    Don't get me wrong, there is some truly delicous smelling weed out there, with scents like fruits, chocolate, even spices...however, they're not always all they're cracked up to be, though sometimes they are.
    On the other hand, I've had weed that's smelt so dirt outdoorsy, that it reminded me of dried lawn clippings at most, and this shit has hit me hard as all fuck.

I get it though, "nice" smelling weed is pleasing - Just thought I'd throw in my take on that.

As for the overall topic, as someone said you'll have to smoke/vape it to find out if it's lost any potency, though I doubt you'll notice a great difference.

For storage, I'd recommend keeping your green in a constant state of cure - Yes, you can do this in a mason jar, but there's more to it than just sticking it in a jar, so look into basic curing.
    This can not only preserve, but enhance the smell of weed I have found.

All the best.[/quote]

While this might be true, in m experiences bud that smells good was a lot more potent then bud with no smell.

13. Sometimes smell goes away when it drys out

14. buy baby food and eat it.

15. baby food is fucking delicious!