Bud is too dry

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TheAzo, Jul 31, 2010.

1. I dried my buds in air for 3 days, then transferred to bags for several more. I was under the impression that this is standard practice (this is my first grow)

I've now moved my buds to jars to cure, but when i was handling them, they seemed really dry, crispy. They seem dry as dust...

Normally weed I've bought in the past is nowhere near that dry, and it doesn't smoke as well when it's allowed to get that dry.

How might I go about addressing this?

2. it gets more moisture when your put them in the jars......dont pack them in the jars... put in a cool dry place....nd leave the lid open for a few hrs a day...n in a few days it should start to smell and get some moisture back in them

3. you should seal the jar to keep the moisture inside and 'sweat' the buds, redistributing moisture throughout the entire bud. you can open the jars once every few days to check (or once a day if ya desire).

4. chances are the middle,or core of thebuds has some moisture, and the outsides are very dry. thats normal, in fact being that dry is good. While curing, the moisture will go from the middle to the whole bud making it nice and pliable!

5. Do what the nazi says ;)

6. Thanks, they seem better already - i didn't realize that there was still moisture in the buds sufficient to have such an effect.

7. thats crazy they dried so fast. mine after 5 days is still kinda wet.

8. How long can you keep it in a mason jar until it gets too dry and less potent?

I have to take a break because I'm on Abilify and can't smoke without getting weird, scary ass side effects.

9. i dont know for sure, but if you keep it sealed in a dark place it will stay good for a long time

10. A good cure takes a month and then the product is at its most potent. After that I've heard up to 6 months, but I can neither confirm nor contest that because I still have 6 to 8 more weeks before my first harvest.

11. If you don't open the jar, it should not dry out for years - it's a sealed jar. What will happen with regards to potency is less certain, though i've kept weed for over a year, and if there was any loss of potency, it was minimal.

And, thanks for the help on this one. The bud feels just about right now :)