Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bud is crackling/sparkling

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by theprof, May 12, 2009.

1. I just picked up some decent mids. Every bowl i smoke, the weed sparkles like crazy and makes this weird fizzing noise. Everything else is normal, it tastes like weed, looks like weed, and I'm pretty baked off it right now.

It is actually pretty cool looking when you smoke it, i just want to make sure its nothing bad.

2. sounds like it's grit weed or been sprayed

3. Don't pack bowls with seeds/stop torching your bowls.

4. Its laced with PCP..........

lol there is a thread about this every day i think

5. sounds like its been sprayed. and there was a thread on here saying that there has been a lot around boston recently so im guessing thats what you have. maybe take some photos of the weed?

6. Do you grind your ganja? It's the little seed pieces and seed shells in the bowl.

7. #7 theprof, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    I read that thread about the bud in MA that was being sprayed. This weed that i have meets none of that criteria. Doesn't really give off that much kief, no hard spots or anything like that.

Don't have a good camera so pics won't do any good. I'm pretty sure it might be the seed shells that someone mentioned because I'm looking at the nugs now and there to seem to be quite a few of them

8. I've gotten some of that weed in MA and its pretty bad. I mean its cool to see the bowl spark up like that but that shit must be doing some serious damage to your lungs.

9. post a pic man

10. I don't own a camera so i can't really post a picture. The nugs look pretty normal to me. Pretty fluffy, hairy, not too crystally...

11. There really is a thread about this every day.
    It shouldn't even be in seasoned tokers.

12. I read several things online saying that sparkling bud is due to improper flushing during harvest. Some leftover minerals from the fertilizer is what is causing the bud to fizzle and sparkle.

13. I'm pretty sure that if grit weed sparkled and fizzed when smoked, then that would be a surefire way to test for it, and none of the websites warning about grit weed, say that sparkling weed is a symptom.

So I'm pretty sure my shit wasn't sprayed....