Bud Growth?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheOldReliable, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Alright well I was wondering when in plants life cycle that the bud growth is the most active?

I would ask on my journal, but no one looks at it :eek:

Is it the middle or end of the flowering cycle and does it relate to leaves possibly turnign a purplish color? :)

2. Your probably experiencing purplish fan leaves because the plant wants P and your giving it too much N, inhibiting its ability to absorb the much needed P for flowers.

3. Interesting. Would you personally know of a simple, more organic process of icreasing the P while decreasing N? :)

4. Flush the soil and give it flowering nutrients.

5. So any thoughts on how adding bone meal and blood meal would be for the increase in phosphorus? I'm thinking between a Fox Farm brand Happy Frog Bone Meal, or an organic blood and bone meal mix?? :)

6. ANYONE got some helpful advice about bone meal????? :)

7. [quote name='"TheOldReliable"']Alright well I was wondering when in plants life cycle that the bud growth is the most active?

I would ask on my journal, but no one looks at it :eek:

Is it the middle or end of the flowering cycle and does it relate to leaves possibly turnign a purplish color? :)[/quote]

Well I would say bud growth is more active in the last week of feed and the last 2 weeks of flush, mainly because that's the time the buds r in ripen, and getting the most THC and getting compact and dense. And to the purple colour, well your buds and leaves turn purple to do with low temps, cold and stress, so I don't really think it's such a good idea, but I still no people who will pay more for, purple bud then the normal bud. Evan tho the normal but is stronger. So it depends on what out come at the end u want...

8. Yeah I thought the growth would really compact itself the last few weeks, and I'm only in 45 days with a expected 80 day harvest. Plus the stress on this plant has had it's effect on the plant overall. :)

9. purple isnt always bad fyi, some strains naturally turn purple...and I personally cant help ya with the bone meal since ive not used it.

10. I have a Purple Arrow, it gets beautiful purple sugar leaves. Not because of any defiency or climate problem, just genetics.

11. The purple is interesting. It's been another day and even more are turning purple but they don't look dead just purple so I think it might be ok.

Kroptonik, have you had any difficulties with fan leaves on your haze strains? :)

12. lemme see this journal. ill give it some lovins :)

13. Difficulties in what way?

14. Hey post a link to your journal man, if you put it in your signature (in the user cp) then more people will see it. Thats the only reason people come to mine lol