Bud growing on fan leaf?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HCL, Jun 16, 2010.

1. I know this might not be the right section, but I wanted to ask people who have been around the smoking block for awhile and get more replies.
    ---------------------------

I have a few plants growing right now, and the weirdest thing is happening on the one sativa I have - it's growing a nug on the fan leaf's stem. Has anybody ever seen this happen before?

2. Never seen that, got any pics?

3. Not atm besides a blurry Razr picture, but I'm hoping to get a better one tomorrow.

4. ya its just popcorn bud its not gonna get very big. i usualy cut off any small ones i see low down on the plant where they don't get light cause they just take food away from the larger colas

5. This one is on the biggest fan leaf at the top and straight covered in trichs; I can't wait to smoke it :smoking:

6. pics or it didnt happen

7. I second this action.

8. Do you guys want the shitty Razr picture I have?

9. Stop stalling, ofcourse we all want the pics :p

10. screw it, your taking too long :cool:

[​IMG]

11. ooooh.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's not abnormal.

• Like Like x 1

13. Actually... you might know the answer to this;

1) A bud can form on a fan leaf (as pictured above)...
    2) A flowering plant can be cloned, but takes longer...
    3) A fanleaf can be cloned, and establish roots, but never form a true plant (it'll just be a leaf with roots)..

If all three statements above are true, then what happens if you clone a fan leaf that has a bud on it? Does the bud keep developing and and grow into a proper cola, or does it simply get older untill the bud has open calyxs etc, and never get grow any more?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've never tried cloning just a fan leaf. I'm not sure it would root as readily as a proper cut at a node. If it takes you'd wind up with a plant that grows little buds on some of its fan leaves.

15. Maybe it's the secret to growing buds straight from the ground without taking up any space. Or maybe I should stop smoking at 4:20 in the morning. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm having this happen too with my #TangerineDream...

17. I have seen this a couple times of my own. Pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  18. Here's mine 1457592784302.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  19. upload_2019-6-12_8-55-24.jpeg
    This is where mine are growing new growth from the fan leaves